Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem With Auto Trans.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 06:06 PM
mideastmafia
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Problem With Auto Trans.

Got a big problem here and cant tackle it..

i start the car up, and when i go to shift, its VERY hard to move the selector between gears. so, i drive for a while, then i put the car in park but its still engaged in drive.

from under the tranny when i move the gear lever, it changes gears. so i put it in park from under the car and then from the inside the car, i can move the selector DOWNWARDS and it changes, but when i go to put it from anything BACK UP to park, it wont go.

problem boils down to this: the selctor moves DOWN from Park to reverse to neutral or whatever, but wont move back up.

this obviously shows the cable isnt snapped, but that there is supposed to be some kind of tension to bring back the cable but its not working..

i have the factory manuals and i cant find anything.. does anyone have any idea what it could be??

thanks,
SHAUN
Old 05-05-2002, 07:38 PM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like the cable may be frayed inside the sheath, that would cause it to bind and may keep it from movig in one direction at all.

Quick Reply: Problem With Auto Trans.