Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S2 Exhaust/Chip/Cone Combo

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 08:36 AM
PaulK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post S2 Exhaust/Chip/Cone Combo

Has anyone tried a combination of a free flow cat back exhaust, (Like B&B), a cone filter (like K&N) and a chip on a 944 S2?

I understand that Autothority can map a chip specifically for the intake/exhaust configuration.

Any experience out there?
Old 10-31-2002, 09:07 AM
JGriff
Racer

[quote]Originally posted by PaulK:
<strong>Has anyone tried a combination of a free flow cat back exhaust, (Like B&B), a cone filter (like K&N) and a chip on a 944 S2?

I understand that Autothority can map a chip specifically for the intake/exhaust configuration.

Any experience out there?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have two out of three (high flow filter/drilled airbox and a chip), and plan on sometime, possibly in the springtime, of putting on a different exhaust.

For now, I'm happy with the mods I've done. To read more, check out my website:

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/4475/Porsche/Porsche944S2.html" target="_blank">JGriff's S2</a>

FWIW, I will be moving to the MD/PA area (somewhere off of I-81 or I-70) within the next two months, so perhaps sometime we can get together to see and drive my car, to see if you notice any difference or like the changes.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:13 AM
PaulK
Instructor

Thanks Griff. I'm near Frederick, MD.

I have a cat back on order from Performance Products (a B&B), with a pretty good 20% off discount. I work near Autothority so I plan to get them to customize a chip.

The intake issue is what I am working on now. I have seen a short K&N that stays in the engine compartment, a replacement tube that puts the (non K&N) cone in the factory location, then there is the replacement filter in the factory airbox.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:20 AM
JGriff
Racer

[quote]Originally posted by PaulK:
<strong>Thanks Griff. I'm near Frederick, MD.

I have a cat back on order from Performance Products (a B&B), with a pretty good 20% off discount. I work near Autothority so I plan to get them to customize a chip.

The intake issue is what I am working on now. I have seen a short K&N that stays in the engine compartment, a replacement tube that puts the (non K&N) cone in the factory location, then there is the replacement filter in the factory airbox.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Cool!! I'm going to be moving to either the Greencastle, PA or Hagerstown, MD area, so we'll be relatively close to each other.

What size pipe is the B&B? 2.5"?

Where do you get your car serviced? Are there any good Porsche specialty shops in the area?

Have you done any local autocrosses? I believe that I've seen some autocrosses taking place in a stadium lot in Frederick (which can be seen from I-70).

Thanks.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:41 PM
TF
Instructor

I have a B&B cat back, A 6"x14" K&N cone filter in place of stock, an Autothority chip, Web cams and crane ignition.Works well.
Old 10-31-2002, 01:01 PM
PaulK
Instructor

Thanks, TF. How loud is the B&B and intake?

Also, where did you get the intake setup?
Old 11-01-2002, 07:55 AM
TF
Instructor

The intake is perfect, the B&B is a nice throaty sound which gets louder as the revs go up. Somestimes I feel its too loud but it is a quality sound NOT at all like the old glaspacks of the sixty's.I only really mind it when I am at a stop light and the guy next to me wants to beat a Porsche, the sound kinda gives me away when I push 1st past 5000 rpm. I only want to show him how easily I can walk away without him knowing I am pushing a little.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:07 AM
PaulK
Instructor

Thanks. Griff, I use Rockville Porsche, you get a 10% PCA discount on all work there. Plus, I have used Autotherapy in Gaithersburg.

The autocross on 1-70 is SCCA I think. The local PCA (Potomac and Chesapeake regions) hole their own. You will also be close to Summit Point in WV. Great place.

Quick Reply: S2 Exhaust/Chip/Cone Combo