Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Need help with my damn truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 05:59 PM
crazandy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post OT: Need help with my damn truck

Check out my post on TRS, if you can help me locate the source of the leak or how much it will cost to fix please do so.

Link to the post:
<a href="http://www.therangerstation.com/yabbgold/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=2_8;action=display;num=1037829600;start=0" target="_blank">http://www.therangerstation.com/yabbgold/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=2_8;action=display;num=1037829600;start=0</a>
Old 11-20-2002, 07:18 PM
BartW
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steam clean the engine and then try to look for the leak. Most leaks come from the valve covers leaking on those Rangers (very easy and about $10 in parts for the gaskets) the other possibility is the intake manifold gasket in the back sometimes has been known to leak. Unless you clean it and then look to where the leak is originating it is going to be hard to tell. Just go to the quarter car wash with a warm engine and two cans of enginge degreaser and some throw away brushes (make sure to put a plastic bag over the distributor, the Ford ignition module gets very hot and contact with water will burn it right out, or if it is mounted on the firewall cover it there)
Old 11-20-2002, 07:30 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts
Er ah an 84 Ranger is leaking oil you say kind of surprising. &lt;sarcasam\&gt;

You could spend allot of time and money tracking down the variety of leaks and fixing them.

Or you could just buy oil by the case. Either make sure the oil pressure light works, or check it when you fill up.

My 88 Bronco Leaks a fair amount of oil, My old Ramcharger leaked oil like it was a factory undercarriage rust proofing option, and my /6 Duster leaks/burns so much oil it hasn't had an oil change in probably 4 years. I change the oil filter every other year or so. Luckily the Porsche doesn't leak a drop and I thank my lucky stars every day for that. But with older cars it's basically a fact of life. Fix the ones that are easy to find, they will be the prodigous ones, I wouldn't worry about the rest.

Friend had an old Pinto In college. Was leaking about a quart every other week or so. When he was driving back east he asked a Mechanic to fix it. Mechanic said, Rear main bearing. Cost ya $200. On the other hand $200 will buy you a fair amount of oil.

Quick Reply: OT: Need help with my damn truck