Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 Cab Wind deflector

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:27 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Adrian

Have you got some pics of it, I've never seen one (only two none detail pics) and I've got to wait a week for mine to be imported.
Does it have anything to do with the round holes in the rear side panels?
Old 05-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

I just received this part:
000-043-202-10

Nice part but it seems to be too narrow for the 944/968 and maybe too deep as well. I do not immediately see how it can be made to fit. If I make new legs for it that sort out the width it might not allow the seats to be put back far enough for everyone. I'll futz with it some more later.

-Joel.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:32 PM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jfrahm
I just received this part:
000-043-202-10

Nice part but it seems to be too narrow for the 944/968 and maybe too deep as well. I do not immediately see how it can be made to fit. If I make new legs for it that sort out the width it might not allow the seats to be put back far enough for everyone. I'll futz with it some more later.

-Joel.
I do not understand, did you order it from Porsche?
Is it the part number for the 968?

Very curious, mine should arrive by the weekend. Only problem is at this stage of my upgrade I order parts on a daily basis and I'll only go pick it up when everything is there.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

I ordered from Sunset Porsche in Oregon using the Part Number I found in this thread. With different legs it might be made to fit but it does not appear to be correct for the 968. The photos from the other thread look like a wider screen that fits much better.

I did tell them I wanted the windstop for a 968 cab, and that I had a part number but I did not know if it was correct. Maybe they saw it was a windstop and called it good enough. It appears to be a windstop for some flavor of 911.

that part number appears in the Pelican catalog:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...BDYtar_pg1.htm

The photo does not look like the windstop I received but the part may have evolved.

I think the depth can work and the lower brace works, I wish it was wider and more completely covered the package tray though. The legs that plug into the side panel hole plugs are way off, I'd have to make different ones. The provided legs are plastic and even if I heated them up and bent them I would not get where I need to be. I'd also be reluctant to change any part in case I wanted to sell it to a 911 owner someday.

-Joel.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:34 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi mate,

sorry not always on.

when I get home today will take some pictures.
and see if I can find the writeup and take picts

yes it has to do with the round holes

you have to

1> lower both rear seats
2> on WD lower rear 2 legs which fit near the top of the seats
3> lower down 2 front legs off the WD and push fit them into the holes
4> push back seats
5> Tighten up adjusters on the 2 front legs

takes about 1 min to do, sounds harder than it is.

also the OEM deflector, pops up and down.

I'll try and upload pics tonight

IF I dont have space on my website to upload them I might have to email them to you

Originally Posted by JohanvdWalt
Adrian

Have you got some pics of it, I've never seen one (only two none detail pics) and I've got to wait a week for mine to be imported.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:36 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

there is a proper 944 968 OEM part

no modification needs to be done and part fits fine.

Originally Posted by Jfrahm
I ordered from Sunset Porsche in Oregon using the Part Number I found in this thread. With different legs it might be made to fit but it does not appear to be correct for the 968. The photos from the other thread look like a wider screen that fits much better.

I did tell them I wanted the windstop for a 968 cab, and that I had a part number but I did not know if it was correct. Maybe they saw it was a windstop and called it good enough. It appears to be a windstop for some flavor of 911.

that part number appears in the Pelican catalog:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...BDYtar_pg1.htm

The photo does not look like the windstop I received but the part may have evolved.

I think the depth can work and the lower brace works, I wish it was wider and more completely covered the package tray though. The legs that plug into the side panel hole plugs are way off, I'd have to make different ones. The provided legs are plastic and even if I heated them up and bent them I would not get where I need to be. I'd also be reluctant to change any part in case I wanted to sell it to a 911 owner someday.

-Joel.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:04 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

John,

I took some pictures last night, haven't had a chance to upload them will do so next few days.

I found the article I wrote up, this also has pics,

I dont think it photographs too well, if you give me a fax number I'll photocopy and fax it to you from work

mail me your tel

adrian @ playback dot demon dot co dot uk

no spaces and replace the dot with a .

Adrian

Old 05-17-2008, 11:44 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

John, got your mail, will try and get the article, mean time photos !

Originally Posted by adrian_jaye
John,

I took some pictures last night, haven't had a chance to upload them will do so next few days.

I found the article I wrote up, this also has pics,

I dont think it photographs too well, if you give me a fax number I'll photocopy and fax it to you from work

mail me your tel

adrian @ playback dot demon dot co dot uk

no spaces and replace the dot with a .
Old 05-18-2008, 01:56 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Thanks Adrian
I do not understand why they are so few and far between, they look real nice and effective.

Johan
Old 05-19-2008, 07:00 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

no probs,
I also faxed the article to you on the 0027 86 number
did it about an hour ago

Thanks Adrian
I do not understand why they are so few and far between, they look real nice and effective.

Johan
Old 05-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Dsalillas
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bjzorn
Heres's the part number for anyone to lazy to click on the link. 000-043-202-10. As far as it being grouped in with the 911 stuff, that is because it is the latest version of the part, it does cross-reference one of the parts of teh wind delector as saying it fits both the 911 and 944.

I was interested in getting one of these myself and went to the PCNA website to have a look at the part# on the updated PET and it was different than the one listed above.

The number listed above is actually for a 911.

The number I got was listed under the Tequipment page as 000 043 202 50 for 944/968.

You also have to get the two mounting points that go into the service holes on the rear interior panels part# 000 043 202 97. These are listed as both 944 and 911 parts.

It's listed under Tequipment MG 8, SG 11, Illustr. 811-30. I hope these are still in stock.

Pelican also has these here http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...FILTER_TOOL=ON so Jfrahm ordered the wrong part.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:06 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Damm, that about half of what I paid at the stealership.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Dsalillas
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you were able to get one of these? I know they have to be special ordered from Deutschland so hopefully they have a few more. I bid on a used one from German Ebay but lost, it sold for $241 US which is what Iwould pay for one here used plus shipping but shipping from there was almost $85 so I passed on it since I could get a new one for close to that price.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:09 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Yes they are freely available from the stealership but they cost an arm and two legs I paid ZAR 6500 that is about USD 867.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:33 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

damn £433

as I said mine was from an indipendant

and it was about £240, proper OEM part

Quick Reply: 944 Cab Wind deflector