Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche mechanic in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 12:08 PM
Sajid
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Porsche mechanic in Chicago

Anyone know of a good mechanic in the greater chicagoland area????
Old 03-27-2002, 12:30 PM
jdk1
Instructor

I know of some good mechanics at various dealers, but no independents - I would like to find one as well.

Jeff
Old 03-27-2002, 12:37 PM
Sajid
Racer

I bought my 944 this past august w/out a tranny. Well i found a tranny and put it in and have done various maintainance things since then. I have a P/S pump and Motor mounts sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. I think ill try to tackle those things myself. But the PO didnt give me any receipts and he doesnt know when the Tbelt or Waterpump were changed so i wana do that before somethign serious happens. Anyone who knows a decent place with a fair price that will do this for me, let me know please TIA.

Jeff, what part of chicago do you live in? Do you know any other 944ers in our area. I wouldnt mind getting together and talking shop. Also, is there any AutoXing or anything of the like here in our parts?
Old 03-27-2002, 12:42 PM
craig001
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
Question

When I was looking for a place to get a PPI in Chicage to go over a car I was thinking about a place in Barrrington was recommended by a fellow Region 10 PCA'er. Can't remember the name of the place. but with a general location you should be able to narrow it down. The guy sold the car so I didn't need the PPI.
Old 03-27-2002, 01:21 PM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 167 Posts
I've had good results with Fischer Motors in Barrington. Good folks, honest, skilled. Any Chicago area folks should be aware of the every other week gathering we have on Thursday nights. Great opportunity to meet a bunch of other P-car nuts, talk shop, and bench race a bit. Most of the attendees are on the e-mail lists (versus the Web Forums) and are long time rennlist members. We get quite a turn out. Ping me off-line at teamswanson@ameritech.net for more info.

Keep the shiny side up,
Old 03-27-2002, 02:04 PM
jdk1
Instructor

I haven't tried Fischer Motors, but I am ready for a timing belt change and might give them a shot. I have had several excellent experiences with Napleton's Westmont Porsche. The do excellent work and seem to really know the 944, but they charge BIG $$$.

If you feel like taking a drive, the other Napleton brother owns a Porsche dealership in Loves Park (by Rockford). The also do excellent work and the prices are extremely reasonable. It is also a lot easier to get an appointment. Oddly enough, the service advisors at both locations are named Carey.

I live downtown, unfortunatly my work schedule hasn't permitted me to make it to any of the 944 bar nights as of yet.

Quick Reply: Porsche mechanic in Chicago