Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great 944 mechanica at Auto Edge in Minneapolis area

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 02:42 PM
ericmess
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great 944 mechanica at Auto Edge in Minneapolis area

I just wanted to let you know (people that live in Minneapolis area) of a great place to get work done on your p-car. I brought my 951 to these guys at Auto Edge located in Mahtomedi (Minneapolis Suburb) and I was thoroughly impressed by their work. I just want to do some solociting for them because I was so happy with my results there.

Also is there anyone on this forum in the Minneapolis area...?
Old 04-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Eric,

There are a few MN guys here.

Bob Viau (owner of AE) is very well known locally/regionally, and also is relatively well known in PCA Club Racing circles nation-wide. Their unoffical speciality is 944 series cars (and few know more about setting up and repairing them), but they also do a lot a prep and building on various years of 911s.

You going to fight the weather this wknd and go up to BIR for the DE event?
Old 04-24-2008, 04:10 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yup, they are always a big presence at the PCA club races. Very impressive set up/cars.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:42 PM
ericmess
Advanced

Originally Posted by Oddjob
Eric,

There are a few MN guys here.

Bob Viau (owner of AE) is very well known locally/regionally, and also is relatively well known in PCA Club Racing circles nation-wide. Their unoffical speciality is 944 series cars (and few know more about setting up and repairing them), but they also do a lot a prep and building on various years of 911s.

You going to fight the weather this wknd and go up to BIR for the DE event?
The weather forecast for this weekend doesn't look too good. I thought spring was here, but it looks like we might get snow...urg...but wait we are in MN. That means around mid May the weather will be consistantly above freezing.

I have yet to attend any DE events but would like to soon.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

I've dealt with Auto Edge in the past and found them to be very knowledgable and top notch.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:04 PM
EJnMN
Instructor

Originally Posted by ericmess
The weather forecast for this weekend doesn't look too good. I thought spring was here, but it looks like we might get snow...urg...but wait we are in MN. That means around mid May the weather will be consistantly above freezing.

I have yet to attend any DE events but would like to soon.
South of Mnpls, in Roch. There are 4 of us with 944s down here, 3 of which are SP1 class (2 of those are running right now, the other is on its way) and not street legal. Mine is Daily Driver + Track car with aspirations of SP1 when my ship comes in.

PCA runs a good show up there at BIR. Instructors are great, and I thoroughly enjoyed my trips... even (especially) in the rain. I'll be there for Final Fling in the fall, but couldn't make it to spring fling.

There are some HD Vids of us running around in the rain up there out at:
http://www.trackpedia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3317

Quick Reply: Great 944 mechanica at Auto Edge in Minneapolis area