Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You Are Invited - Surprise Gathering for Adrian Streather

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 09:48 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Post You Are Invited - Surprise Gathering for Adrian Streather

Now that Adrian and Gail Streather are winging their way from Switzerland to the USA - and Adrian is "off-line" without a way to read this post :-), Jen and I would like to invite you to a small party we will be having in honor of Adrian and Gail this Saturday, November 2.

Depending upon the number who would like to attend, this will be in Portsmouth NH at our house (please feel free to bring a hammer/nails to assist with the finish work:-) starting around 12 mid-day, 'till "whenever". For those who do not know Portsmouth, it is about one hour North of Boston and is on the NH Seacoast.

As many know, Adrian and his family have been within the Rennlist Community for years - and most recently, many of you shared your support during the recent tragic loss of their daughter Natalie.

If you think you might like to come, please let Jen or I know so we can "guesstimate" the number of folks attending and provide you with directions, phone numbers and the like...

We hope to see you here!

Jen and John
jmunson@rennlist.com or johnd@rennlist.com
Old 10-29-2002, 11:08 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Jen and John....

I sincerly wish I could attend...Distance makes it improbable...I WILL be there in spirit...God bless this initiative, and like the majority of this list, Natalie will forever be in our thoughts...

Old 10-30-2002, 05:36 AM
944S2NUT
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by John D.:
<strong>Now that Adrian and Gail Streather are winging their way from Switzerland to the USA - and Adrian is "off-line" without a way to read this post :-), Jen and I would like to invite you to a small party we will be having in honor of Adrian and Gail this Saturday, November 2.

Depending upon the number who would like to attend, this will be in Portsmouth NH at our house (please feel free to bring a hammer/nails to assist with the finish work:-) starting around 12 mid-day, 'till "whenever". For those who do not know Portsmouth, it is about one hour North of Boston and is on the NH Seacoast.

As many know, Adrian and his family have been within the Rennlist Community for years - and most recently, many of you shared your support during the recent tragic loss of their daughter Natalie.

If you think you might like to come, please let Jen or I know so we can "guesstimate" the number of folks attending and provide you with directions, phone numbers and the like...

We hope to see you here!

Jen and John
jmunson@rennlist.com or johnd@rennlist.com</strong><hr></blockquote>

I vote that we have the party here in Canada Vancouver! Ouch sorry to hear about that horrid loss
Old 10-30-2002, 08:34 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Mike B:
<strong>Jen and John....

I sincerly wish I could attend...Distance makes it improbable...I WILL be there in spirit...God bless this initiative, and like the majority of this list, Natalie will forever be in our thoughts...

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I second this statement.

-Matt
Old 10-30-2002, 11:57 AM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
[quote] Jen and John....
I sincerly wish I could attend...Distance makes it improbable...I WILL be there in spirit...God bless this initiative, and like the majority of this list, Natalie will forever be in our thoughts... <hr></blockquote>

I could not have said it better myself. John, if you would, thank Andrian for the plate and tell him not to throw food during dinner. He will know.

Take care.
Old 10-31-2002, 08:59 AM
Brian Wilson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think the 944 is up for the drive...

or not. I hope that there are some people that show up though. I enjoy seeing all of the pictures that end up getting posted. Have fun for me.
jon
Old 10-31-2002, 12:13 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Hi Folks..!!!

Thanks a million for the posts and well - wishes, we'll pass them over to Adrain and Gail.. Also, I just posted the following "update" to the e-mail lists - we hope to meet you this Saturday..!!!

Jen and I would like to thank all that have replied to the invitation to attend a party for Adrian and Gail Streather at our place in Portsmouth, NH this coming Saturday. The weather forecast is looking great - so here is a quick wrap-up of some preliminary details…

Arrive about 12:00 - 12:30 Midday Saturday, November 2. We plan on having food and beverages for you when you arrive, so no need to stop for Lunch on the way over. For those who have e-mailed Jen or myself for directions, etc. - you should have them soon, if not already. If you are planning to attend - just let us know so we can estimate the final head-count….

About 2:00 - 2:30, depending on both the weather, we can take a drive up the coast of NH and into Maine. This time of year - and with the expected good weather - it should be a terrific caravan and scenic drive..!

Arrive back at Jen's and my place about 3:30 - 4:00. Brag about our cars for a bit (or if you are in the mood, you can re-assemble my 3.2 911 engine , and generally pass the time chatting with the folks, admiring the cars, etc. Perhaps we could convince Adrian to do a TECH session (anyone bringing a 964??!!:-) As well - Jen and I have a bunch of stuff as door prizes/gifts/giveaways - TRG Hero Cards from LeMans, Porsche posters, more Porsche posters, decals - and we'll probably find some other stuff as I clean out the garage to make room for Saturday's guests. And yes - "après-driving" snacks, refreshments, etc. - will be available…

Just as a side note - the Kittery Outlet Malls (I think there are about 150 - 200 Outlet stores?) are about 10 minutes from our house, so if you and/or Significant-Other want to do some early Holiday Shopping, we'll point you in that direction.

Some of you have expressed an interest to perhaps take Adrian and Gail out for dinner - so, we'll check their schedule and keep you posted…!

If you would like to attend - just drop Jen (jmunson@rennlist.com) or me an e-mail… We look forward to meeting many of you here..!!!

John D.

Quick Reply: You Are Invited - Surprise Gathering for Adrian Streather