Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pressure Loss in Cooling System, Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 06:14 PM
oi-punx
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Pressure Loss in Cooling System, Advice Needed

Over the past six months i've been losing a small amount of coolant, I'd say about 1/2 - 3/4 cup total. I checked my cap and the seal looks good. The condition of the coolant looks good and checks out fine when tested with a multi-meter. My car runs cool with the needle ever so slightly above the first (lower) mark on really hot days, most of the time it is right on or below the first mark. I can see no leakage at all underneath the car or from above.

This past weekend I did a pressure test on the system. In 10 minutes I lost approximately 1 - 1.5 pounds of pressure (9 psi --> roughly 7.5 psi) This is a rough estimate as the gauge was difficult to read because the numbers were spread out into different colored zones. I am assuming this is not normal and am going to pull the snorkel, airbox, AFM, etc. etc. to check as many hoses and connections as possible. Anything I should look out for besides the obvious? There are a lot of coolant connections on our cars!

Quick Reply: Pressure Loss in Cooling System, Advice Needed