Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Marker/Running Lights Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 12:39 AM
Shabba
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marker/Running Lights Problem

Ok guys, I'm having another issue with my new (to me) '87. Despite new bulbs and ALL the fuses being good, I have no running lights on the right side of the car. Nothing intermitent, nothing flashing, just plain nothing. My turn signals work, headlights work and the hazards come on, but no dice on the markers. Any suggestions? I need to get my inspection done this week and that would mean the lights need to work so I can pass!
Old 04-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it just the front markers or the rears also. Looking at a wiring diagram for you and need to know.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Shabba
Racer

Hey Spidey...it's the front and rear. I'm getting ready to go back out and fiddle with them some more.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

According to the diagram in the my hand, you are looking at a burnt out section of the headlamp switch. The right and left sides are on a seperate circuit that gets it's signal from the switch independantly. If you are 100% sure that ALL of your marker lights (EDIT: bulbs) are good, it's prob the switch.

If it were grounds you would also have no headlamps as they share the same ground point. If you need some walk through help PM me and I'll shoot u my phone #.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Shabba
Racer

Originally Posted by SpideySlave944
According to the diagram in the my hand, you are looking at a burnt out section of the headlamp switch. The right and left sides are on a seperate circuit that gets it's signal from the switch independantly. If you are 100% sure that ALL of your marker lights (EDIT: bulbs) are good, it's prob the switch.

If it were grounds you would also have no headlamps as they share the same ground point. If you need some walk through help PM me and I'll shoot u my phone #.
Yo Spidey,

Sorry it took me so long to get back on here...just crazy busy...

Well, I figured it out. When I put the front valence back on after replacing my radiator, I hooked up a side marker light and crossed the wires. When I did that, I blew the fuse which has previously been ok. I replaced the fuse, uncrossed the wires and boom...working lights. My car is getting inspected right now.

Thanks for the advice bro!

Quick Reply: Marker/Running Lights Problem