Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Victory Over Fast Flashing Flashers!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A Victory Over Fast Flashing Flashers!

So after I installed trailer lights on the car, I had a fast flasher problem. So i went to auto zone and got a 3-prong trailer flasher without lamp outage indicator.

I put it in and since the Advance auto parts guy was admiring the car he commented that my headlights were flashing with the turn signals...At which point my wiring harness started to smolder!! OMG! Toggled off the car and put the original flasher back in except it didnt work any more and my right flashers where stuck on and my gauges were dead. No burnt fuses. greeeeeat

SO NOBODY PUT AFTER MARKET RELAYS IN THE CAR!!!! unless you are 100% positive they will work.

So after "supervising" my dad as he split open the wiring harness and replaced the smoldered wires I went on a search to cure the problem again.

I put in A flasher and started jumping points on it trying to disable the "fast flash"
All I did was fry the relay.

Then I opened up a tall one from a 944 S parts car. And I noticed a small POT on it. I turned it all the way down and now my flashers flash normally!
So If for any reason someone has a fast flash problem. here is a pic of unmodifiable solid state flashers and the one you can "tune"

Attached Images   
Old 04-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

wow I actually have this problem.

i'm gonna pop open my relay tomorrow.

All my turn signal bulbs are new and all work, and I have the fast flash all the time expect with hazards. Which way do I turn the thing? to the left?
Old 04-07-2008, 12:55 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As you are looking at It right now It would go counter clock-wise for slower.
I bottomed it out and it matches up with my dads flasher.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:07 AM
Wipeout
Not Special
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine's super intermittent, as if the bulb VIBRATES in and out of contact. Bugger.

Quick Reply: A Victory Over Fast Flashing Flashers!