Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 Seat Rails

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:31 PM
DainBramaged
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 944 Seat Rails

Hi Everyone,
I tried to search the forum but didnt have any luck. I have some after market seats I want to put into my 944 but the seats didnt come with any rails. Is there a place I can buy after market rails that will bolt right up?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

what brand seats are they. check the distance betwen the holes. I have a set of recaro rails that will bolt right to the floor. if your holes are 16" apart left to right you will have to modify the piece you pull on. if they are less than 16 (not sure but will check) these rails may bolt right on to the seats, and then you will need a bracket (check paragons site they have a write up with sparco seats) that mounts to the floor, then mounts to the rail.

if the seats are side mount seats, the rails will mount to the side mount or directly to the floor.

i became a half arsed expert on seats when i bought a set of cobra seats. That was a mistake. the mounting holes were different than sparco (which i think is the same as corbeau but am not sure) or recaro.

bottom line, post the measurements or more details on teh seat and we will be able to help you better
Old 04-04-2008, 12:53 AM
DainBramaged
Track Day

Default Seat Rails

OMG, what a PITA this has become . I bought some black leather NISMO seats off a guy on ebay. The bolt pattern is

11.5" front to rear
13.5" left to right

Let me know if you have any pointers before I start welding **** over here. haha
Old 04-04-2008, 01:53 AM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

hmm...i doubt that a brand called Nismo will have brackets for porsche...isn't Nismo like Nissan motorsports or something like that?

you may have some luck with Sparco or Momo rails, but it's a bit of a long shot. What you might want to do is buy a set of those that have the correct pattern for the floor and sliders (if you want them) and then cut/drill an adapter plate to bolt your seat to those rails.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:22 AM
eniac
Drifting

With my Cobra Misano's I bought some universal mounts but there was no way they would fit. As impatient as I am, I simply modified my stock porsche mounts slightly for a perfect fit. The Misanos have the standard aftermarket bolt setup so I really don't see why stock seat rails would not work with many of the seat out there. I'm at work so I can't post pics but browse my webshot album below and you will see how they fit with stock rails.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/5598...Gs?vhost=rides

Quick Reply: 944 Seat Rails