Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cockpit upgrades with pics - white faces, Jager trim and LEDs, wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Johnny Johnny
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cockpit upgrades with pics - white faces, Jager trim and LEDs, wheel

Good Day,

Just finished doing some upgrades on the cockpit in my '86 NA, and thought I'd share with the group.

- white gauge faces (have had these for some time)
- Jager alloy trim rings
- Jager red light kit (will take a picture tonight when it's dark to see how it looks)
- Jager **** covers
- Isotta Katiena steering wheel with Momo hub

The only issue that I had were the instructions for the dash lights. The Jager instructions indicated that the right-hand lightbulb polarity was "positive on top, negative on the bottom". In actual fact, all three were "positive on the bottom". Perhaps my dash was mis-wired, I don't know. In any case, always test before screwing everything back together! (I ran a multi-meter over the contacts before re-installing the bulb sockets, so I caught the issue in time)

Obligatory pics:
Attached Images   
Old 03-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Chwatson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love those days that i have several projects and get a ton of stuff done and it's subtle yet still fairly noticeable.

that dash looks awesome now! that wheel is one of those that if i saw it in a store, i would just say no thanks, but it works once it's installed, i think.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Wallace
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only issue that I had were the instructions for the dash lights. The Jager instructions indicated that the right-hand lightbulb polarity was "positive on top, negative on the bottom". In actual fact, all three were "positive on the bottom". Perhaps my dash was mis-wired, I don't know. In any case, always test before screwing everything back together! (I ran a multi-meter over the contacts before re-installing the bulb sockets, so I caught the issue in time)
Wow, that looks great.

I just installed the Jager white kit, and my dash was the exact same. All three "were positive on bottom".
Actually, I thought the instructions were terrible overall.
It said to pull off the front plastic, and there was no need.
But, I am impressed with the kit and the results.

Where did you get the white faced gauges?

*eagerly waiting for night pictures*
Old 03-20-2008, 04:36 PM
porcho heat
Pro

Ah always something on Rennlist to get ya thinkin' about spending money on your car.

For my dash I think I'm going to go (gasp) with some exotic woodgrain on the dash/shifter instead of the brushed aluminum... Kinda keeping the old-school racer look of the old school dash.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:48 PM
86_951_
Instructor

This is a real win win for me. Your car looks great, and now that it's not stock, there's one less fully stock car for me to compete in the marketplace with. We all win!
Old 03-20-2008, 06:48 PM
cegan09
Burning Brakes

That looks really good. The only thing i'm not sold on is the two chrome supports on the steering wheel. Other than that it looks very well done.

There's been a few threads lately with some very nice looking interiors, gives me something to aim towards.

Quick Reply: Cockpit upgrades with pics - white faces, Jager trim and LEDs, wheel