Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tennessee Cars and Coffee - gaging interest

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 10:46 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tennessee Cars and Coffee - gaging interest

Hello all,

Some of you in our area know I organize a monthly get together called the MTFR (Mid TN Fun Run). This event is a lot of fun, but I am wanting to do something in addition to this now. I know groups in Florida, Colorado, California, etc typically have a day set each month for a Cars and Coffee get together. Unlike our MTFR, this is pretty much a non-driving event other than getting there. I would like to see it beyond Porsche even. Maybe there is such a beast already here and I have just missed it... if so, please clue me in. Otherwise, I propose a monthly meet set on every "whatever" Saturday morning of each month. Where to have is another good question. Nashville is a nice choice, but then you get somewhat limited to Nashville folks. Memphis is another nice choice, but again, limited to Memphis folks mostly. Or, you could have it somewhere in between, like Buffalo, or Jackson. Jackson, would be a decent choice in my opinion, not just because I live here mind you, but because we have plenty of places to meet. Location wise, we are 1:15 from east part of Memphis Metro (Bartlett), and maybe 2 hours from most parts of Nashville. Buffalo (I-40 exit 143) is about opposite of Jackson from Nashville and Memphis, but not a lot of choices of where to meet. If we said we were going to do this every 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Saturday regardless of all else, people would know they could count on it. Again, I envision this as almost an impromptu car show, meaning we leave it open to all car enthusiasts. I am open though to other's opinions on this, maybe make it only german cars, or only sports and special interest cars, etc, etc.

Well, if you are in the area, tell me what you think. The floor is open, but leave your comments in this thread (http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=413016) so we can keep it all in one place from now on, and not clutter up tech type forums with this.

Thanks all,
Shane
Old 02-27-2008, 12:10 PM
sbyrne
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm considering trying this in our area (Charleston, WV), as well. Keep it casual, invite the local PCA, SCCA, Mustang, BMW, and Vette guys, and whoever else. My question, for those of you who have orginised these affairs in other parts of the country, is: what do you do about liability? Sure, it's not a sanctioned event, but what do you say to the property owner? Or do you just pick a location, show up and see what happens?
Old 02-27-2008, 01:39 PM
tod84944
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Shane,
I'm a little ways north of Nashville. I usually have a couple of 944 GTG's (very informal) every year. We do some belts and maybe if I have a car needing a front end rebuild, we do that. Let me know if I can do anything to help out in the mid-Tenn area.
Todd