Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dashboard Lights (lots of pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Drewsifer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard Lights (lots of pictures)

So after having put it off for long enough, I finally replaced the lights in my gauge cluster (as I could barely see them at night). The instructions from Clarks Garage were spot on. While I was at it I took of the white gauge faces the previous owner had put on. I don't know if I like it any better though.

Also I discovered there was only one screw holding my gauge cluster. So with the help of a friend I got some almost identical replacements that worked great.

The longest part of it all was removing the reflective paint from the back of the cluster. I had a few issues getting the tin foil on right, but it was still very simple.

The white gauge faces plugged into something that I wasn't sure what in the heck it was. The normal gauges didn't seem to have anywhere for these connectors so I just left them there. Anyone know what they might be?

And while I was at it I replaced the shocks on the hood. The driver side one was no issue. But the passenger side one however was a different. I struggled with this little piece for probably 15 minutes before I got it off. Thanks for nothing PO!

Is there anything special about those white face gauges? What would they be connect to and for what reason? Oh and one more question, I just got a new interior dome light, sans light. What bulb should I get for it?

Drew
Old 01-24-2008, 01:06 AM
959Lover
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those wires you are curious about are for the faces actually GLOWING themselves rather than having bulbs/led's emit light ONTO the faces.

Quick Reply: Dashboard Lights (lots of pictures)