Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aigbag wheel gauge pod

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the compliments guys. I used Lamin-x amber protection film on the fogs. Came out better than i had expected. Ive always had a thing for amber lights.. .

Mike, i traced out two more on whats left of the lexan sheet and plan to cut them out and complete them when i get a chance. There are a couple of small issues with the first plate, mainly the uneven edges, though which are not visible, will still bother me being the **** person i am. You are more than welcome to one when i finish them. I would consider making more of them to sell off for cost + my time, but i think it requires way to much modification than than the average person wants to undertake. I can make the mounting points..etc to include but it still requires cutting out the original vents. Plus im not sure everyone would be satisfied with my mounting method.

Keith, yup it is my trusty Satellite P25. Running 5 years strong now and i usually leave it on 24/7. The hard drive was slowly dieing 2 years ago but managed to salvage everything off it using the old freezer trick. Gotta love the 17 inch widescreen and 1 hour battery life! The only downside is the horrible 32meg integrated GeForce video card. I can just barely play HL2 on it. Its a shame because its a 2.4ghz P4 desktop processor, 1 gig of ram....just the video card sucks!
Old 02-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Wipeout
Not Special
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's just a film? Awesome.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Finally had time to finish things up. As long as its relatively dry tomorrow im going to try and hook everything up. Next weekend i need to have another bung welded on for the O2 sensor and wire up the wideband controller.

Space behind the mount is tight, especially with the fittings for the boost gauge. I used a 90* angle adapter to make routing of the vacuum line easier. I had to cut a small section of the defrost vent block off plate so it did not though the brass fittings. I cut enough out so its still effective and the slider still works.

Ive got about 4 or 5 hours total into this thing, but it was all worth it!

Also did some painting today. My neighbors probably think im nuts. 35 degrees outside and im painting a set of wheels and waxing my car.. .

Old 02-17-2008, 10:29 PM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Good stuff Jon.

You might consider using SEM Texture Coating, it gives a very factory looking textured finish that's a bit more even than the krinkle paint. I used it in my interior in a couple of places and was very pleased with the results.

Not the best picture but take a look at the gauge panel to get a feel for how it looks:

Last edited by gregeast; 02-17-2008 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 02-19-2008, 12:30 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for the tip Greg. I have a can of that stuff but for the life of me cannot find it.

The rain held out long enough to get everything mounted. I had to cut a very small portion out the dashboards metal frame. Nothing major or structural, just enough to get all of the wiring through. The worse part was routing the vacuum line behind the dash. It kinks so darn easily. Anyhow i ended up with the perfect amount of line left (after kinking it twice) to end up right by the DME. Not sure how that worked out.. . Other than that, i have the boost gauge all hooked up. The wideband still needs to get wired, but i have all of the leads laid out already, just need to splice everything in. Im lucky as there are already leads spliced into the switched 12v for the radio from an old radar detector installed on the car. So just need to take that out and tap into those leads. Hopefully ill have time and some decent weather to install the O2 sensor and wideband controller this weekend.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Jon, I am about done with my panel. I see that you have 3 screws to attatch the plate to the cluster housing, what did you use behind those to anchor it? Did you just fab up some tabs and epoxy them on there?
Old 04-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bump

Quick Reply: Aigbag wheel gauge pod