Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waterpump Woes..

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Jaay87S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waterpump Woes..

I have a small to moderate coolant leak coming from waterpump area, however, I will likely be unable to take a closer look for a couple of weeks. My hope is that it's a hose or something simple, because the current waterpump only has about 35k on it, and it's an OEM, not a rebuild.

Anyways, my question is whether or not it is safe to drive, assuming that I pay close attention to the temperature guage, can anything else go wrong? I know that the leak will probably get worse, but as long as I do not let it overheat, by either adding coolant, or letting it sit, I should be fine, right? I have about an hour drive back to school coming up this Sunday. I would like to be able to get the car to school, at which point I'll let it sit for a couple weeks until I can get to my buddies nearby garage.

If strongly advised, I can leave the car at home, but that means that I won't be able to get to it for at least a couple months...and that's no fun. (BTW, car is a '91 S2)

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Quick Reply: Waterpump Woes..