Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

two question honest opinion!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 04:49 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 951silverblack
well I alredy make a deal I boought a set of original porsche twsit with tires 75% new rubber pirrelli , center caps colored included for 700 shipping included (is that a good deal or what!!!), here is pic of then ! can someone with same type of wheels in a 944 show me how they look will like to see how they look cause they are little differnet that the aftermark tiws was thinking to buy I guess is always better have original wheels for lighter and better that I'm right oem always better ! thanks
yess that is good deal! new rubber well otherwords 25% old I guess oK maybe not those wheels are wrong they are all point in same direction left side shude point different than right he sould you all left side wheelz!!!!! OH NOOS! oH and keep the fuchzes they add tha HP to the car!! Luv you much alina, I mean Guido, I mean whell whoever you are toDay!!
Old 01-11-2008, 06:42 PM
bluedevil
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you got alot on the wheels but as for the dash here is my advice. Just buy one from 944 online.com if you want a new dash. It will take you a day to take the dash out an replace it (it is a hard job but not too hard if your good with tools and tight places). I got a used dash but it has issues but no cracks. If your going to go to all that effort you might as well get a dash that is next to or is new. Most used dashes on ebay that have no cracks go for 200 or 300 but there is always somthing wrong with them where if you go to 944online and pay 500 you will get a dash thats perfect. Plus it will make putting in the dash easier and trust me that is a job you want to go easy.
Also you can do what alot of us do and get a dash mat and wamo the crack is gone for 50.00.
Last option is you can get your currrent dash recovered but sometime that looks like really really bad and you have to find a good shop that can do it.

Hope that helps,
Old 01-11-2008, 07:03 PM
951silverblack
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks my dash is good not decolorations or holes just the stupid crack type hair line in the middle vent by windshiel 2.00 long Its that now I know is therre everytime ride in car look at it and make me mad! I guess I want to have perfect car that is 30years old and is not gonna happen!!, if some day I want to sale the car you think that crack will manage the value???
Can someone post pics of 44 with same type wheels i just bought want to see how they will look, and waht size of spacer I will need to install these boxter wheels ? would be needing rear right? I'm not sure if front spacers will be needed>?
Pd why evry post people call me name alina nor gudio !!gudio sarducci was kill , better call me michael corleone!o even better MICHELE CORLEONE !!!

Quick Reply: two question honest opinion!