Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Shift Linkage Bolt in NOVA.. Anyone got a parts car layin around

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Supachink
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Shift Linkage Bolt in NOVA.. Anyone got a parts car layin around

Driving through traffic today on my way to a pre-employment meeting i lost the ability to shift gears. Turned out my shift linkage loosened up but the safety wire kept the bolt intact. I spent 24$ to put it up on a lift at a gas station to find out the bolt was stripped and got it in order to baby it home. Needless to say im not happy and neither is my future employer.
Just wondering if anyone has the pointy bolt that secures the shift rod to the transmission shifter linkage in the NOVA / fairfax area and if they would be willing to part with it. I think the shift rod may be stripped as well, but ill have to get in there to look harder.
Will the shift rod from a turbo car work on an 84 NA? I believe i might have a source for the rod but not for the bolt, just want to make sure they will match up.
Also do i have to drop the transmission down to replace the shift rod? Or is there a magical way i can contort the shift rod to go in without taking too much apart?

Thanks in advance,
Greg
Old 01-07-2008, 06:04 PM
alex
Almost Addicted
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have one, but not in VA. Let me know if you can't find it, and are desperate.

Quick Reply: Need Shift Linkage Bolt in NOVA.. Anyone got a parts car layin around