Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whos 951 is this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 03:28 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hahahahahahahahhahahahahah
Old 01-03-2008, 03:32 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Okay guys enough for tonight, I need to sleep, it was all fun.

Later

lart
Old 01-03-2008, 03:33 AM
Kyle Donley
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on Lart you're three hours behind us. I'm going to bed and I expect to see a lot more pics posted by morning or I'm going to be dissapointed.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:37 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I gotta go to bed too. i gotta apologize to my GF for waking her up and having her get on AIM to see what I did. She wanted to talk to me but instead I didnt talk to her and did this.

I so dont deserve that girl, or her 951 that is 10times better than mine.

Mason Shoplifter: LOL
Mason Shoplifter: i started a huge battle on rennlist
Mason Shoplifter: thats what ive been doign the past few mins
xxxxxx951: you made me get out of bed!!!!
Mason Shoplifter: all of my rennlist friends are too mature to get involved in this
Mason Shoplifter: me and lart are the only immature ones so im on my own
xxxxxxxx951: oh god lol
Mason Shoplifter: are you reading it lol
xxxxxxxx951: no
xxxxxxxx951: im goin to bed
Old 01-03-2008, 03:42 AM
Kyle Donley
Burning Brakes

Yeah I called my girlfriend too!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:05 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Yep, there it goes. The Idiot Bell. I don't usually hear it. Usually I'm in the car or out among a crowd of people when it rings.

You may have never heard of the Idiot Bell. I wouldn't be at all surprised. It's a closely guarded secret of such power that, could its effects be controlled, the country or person in control could overnight ruin the economies, national security and family harmony of all rivals.

Yes, you probably haven't heard the bell, but you've certainly seen its effects. It's that mystical signal that causes everyone around you, for a period of roughly 10 minutes, to turn into complete and utter numbwits; thoughtless bumblers whose sole reason for existence is to frustrate, endanger and enrage you to the point of mayhem.

You might think this was only a matter of perception: I'm in a hurry, therefore anyone impeding my progress is deemed an idiot. However, I'm not always in any particular rush to get anywhere, or even in motion at all, when the bell rings.

Case in point: I'm driving to the grocery store on Saturday morning, cup of coffee nestled safe in the drink holder, Jethro Tull coming from the truck radio, and just a general feeling of cheery wellbeing everywhere.

Then there's a change. Suddenly, the whining strains of REO Speedwagon infest my truck cab. The driver of the car in front of me becomes fascinated with the landscape and decelerates to 10 mph. From a side street, a white-haired daredevil piloting a '78 Buick land yacht decides my truck must be a mirage and lunges toward my lane. In the oncoming lane, a vehicle whose driver is leaned over reaching for a dropped cell phone appears to be an automotive Flying Dutchman, gliding pilotless toward my front grille.

I dodge all the hazards, and make it to the store, where the aisles are filled with drooling mouthbreathers all seeming to stop and stand directly in front of whatever item I'm trying to reach. Carts strike my shins and run over my toes, and every cart seems to have in it a toddler either trying to grab things off shelves or screech in a register high enough to crack cement.

Then, it's gone. The kids quiet, the shoppers begin to move and even the in-store Muzak begins playing a happy tune. But the damage is done. I grab my last few items, check out and head home, my previous good mood reduced to smoking embers. I snarl my way through the rest of the morning, perhaps regaining my emotional equilibrium sometime before dinner.

In the digital world, the Idiot Bell is just as powerful. While I was typing this, for instance, suddenly both my instant-messenger programs heard the bell and whispered to everyone on my contact lists with either a long, involved story or a series of brain-deadening questions that it was a GREAT idea to look me up and fire off a message or three. Within seconds, my writing activities had ground to a halt, and a string of blinking IM windows and cutesy "incoming message" dings was clubbing me into submission.

Obviously, the bell-ringers don't want you to know about the Idiot Bell. Whoever "they" are, their nefarious schemes can only operate properly under a veil of secrecy. Even now, my stereo is trying to turn itself on and batter me with the soul-bludgeoning sounds of Barry Manilow or, even worse, shatter my eardrums (and concentration) with a Celine Dion music marathon.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:11 AM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow.

Just got up and saw this!

Gabe for the record...I did say I thought the car seemed to be well maintained. I still think the video was imature....and Kyle...thanks for picking on the reflector...I go back and forth but right now I'd rather spend time trying to get the car ready to DE...instead of worrying about taking off the reflector.

I'm done...I had no intention of getting into this BS...it's just as imature as the video!
Old 01-03-2008, 07:57 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lart, don't go and destroy what we had with the gay times mag. I thought I was on the cover? WTF.

You guys are ridiculous. You all deserve each other.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 193 Posts

I'm done...I had no intention of getting into this BS...it's just as imature as the video!
... yeah, maybe. But I'd probably still take off that reflector!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 193 Posts

Also.. Roc's girlfriend wanted me to post the pictures of how she degraded herself talglin' with meth..
There's other pictures with her, and kyle and i, but theyre not work safe.

Its still on.. Like Michelle Kwon!

Last edited by Auto_Werks 3.6; 07-10-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW, I had no idea this post would turn into this when I woke up....

I meant nothing by by comment about the "special tool" comment and I'm sorry if I offended, I realy thought the thread was started as a joke, and I appologize.

This got way outta control....

EDIT: I just found out that I'm an *******.... damn...
Old 01-03-2008, 11:17 AM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rock, you got carded and kicked out of the bar for trying to by a coke at Hershey, pretty sure your in no position to call anyone a kid.....Sorry couldn't resist that one...it was funny and you know it.

Seriously though Rock, you know me and I'm pretty sure you value my opinions, we have a lot of the same friends on here.....I know Gabe well and he's a stand up guy. If he said anything at all I'm sure it was in a joking tone if at all. It's easy to see from your posts that your a jokester too, so I'm a bit surprised you got so serious about it. Either way, I'm sure you'll run in to Gabe at an event down the road and then you'll be able to form your own opinion on him.

Now can someone put the video back up. I didn't get to see it. I need ammo against gay parking lot driving.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:34 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

dam you guys are really funny.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:53 AM
OhioState944
Instructor

Hey Kevin,

Brent took down the video because he was tired of little teenagers flaming his video editing skills and trying to say that their mom's minivan would be able to beat my 951. There's a lot of that on Youtube.

The video was nothing special really (and apparently immature). It was just me driving around a little bit last winter (and after watching that video I'm glad we did those coilovers on my car so the nose of the car doesn't point at the sky when I accelerate anymore). I'll try to zip it and send it to you. Or I'll just put it on a flash drive or something.

You don't need a video to see my insane empty parking lot driving skills Kevin. I'm the modern day Nancy Bobby of driving slow in a circle in a parking lot, you know that!
Old 01-03-2008, 12:04 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, you broke out Nancy Bobby...lol.....

Shane reminded me of what video it is. I remember that one, I was thinking there was a new one out.

Quick Reply: Whos 951 is this?