Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone done this: stainless steel hard line to replace soft lines

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 04:53 AM
marksportcts
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gstein
I am curious what sparked this idea of hard lines in the first place. It is understandable that some Porsches use hard lines because they use smooth-running boxer style motors, but our 944's are infamous for engine vibration. The engineers were pretty successful with the twin balance shafts in mitigating the effects of such a high displacement I-4, but there still remains a decent amount of vibration. It just seems risky fooling around with a serious issue like fuel when I recollect all of the toasted 944's I've seen.

Best Regards,
Benjamin Goldstein
I think that the idea to replace the rubber line was to prevent the rubber hoses from cracking due to age and heat. Problem is that the engine torques too much and would break the hard line much sooner than the rubber line.

F18, nice setup.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:03 PM
MyBlackCar
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F18Rep
This was pretty much what I envisioned. The only change would be the metal portion would be on the other side of the fuel rail and would extend longer towards the back. It would then be connected via soft injection hose to the existing hard lines away from the exhause manifold. Thanks for the pic, F18Rep. I figured someone would have done a similar setup.

Quick Reply: Has anyone done this: stainless steel hard line to replace soft lines