Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know this 951?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 04:12 PM
S2cab
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tedwright
I can't believe the bidding is that high !! I wonder if the bids are real ??

. . . . maybe the market is coming up on these cars and I let mine go way too cheap ??
At least my bid was real. I talked it over with the old man, & put a bid in. The reality is that you can never get the money back you put in to it. If a car is worth "X", & then you put "Y" into it, the best you can hope for is "X". You'd be better off holding on to it for a few years if you're trying to get back the money invested in it. You still wont, but at least you get to use some of the investment up in the way of time. The market is coming down. I've been watching, & tracking movement of cars over the last few months. Many are listed a few times with no bids because the market has a cap, & the buyers have set it.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:34 PM
ChrisJ951
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew I wouldn't get what I have in it, but still a car with all that work done to it, I figured it would get $10k. I have no problem holding onto the car and in the even I do move back to NYC, I can park it at my brothers.

Originally Posted by S2cab
At least my bid was real. I talked it over with the old man, & put a bid in. The reality is that you can never get the money back you put in to it. If a car is worth "X", & then you put "Y" into it, the best you can hope for is "X". You'd be better off holding on to it for a few years if you're trying to get back the money invested in it. You still wont, but at least you get to use some of the investment up in the way of time. The market is coming down. I've been watching, & tracking movement of cars over the last few months. Many are listed a few times with no bids because the market has a cap, & the buyers have set it.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:52 PM
S2cab
Instructor

Is there anything that's not in your signature that was done? Turbo, suspension, MAF, hard pipes, etc?
Old 12-01-2007, 02:28 AM
philcav7
Racer

Originally Posted by tedwright
I can't believe the bidding is that high !! I wonder if the bids are real ??

. . . . maybe the market is coming up on these cars and I let mine go way too cheap ??
Final bid was $8800, that doesn't seem too high to me.(reserve was not met)

If the car is in fact as clean as mentioned with a solid mechanical/cosmetic backround, and a few nice upgrades. $8,800 seems very fair to me.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:11 AM
S2cab
Instructor

It sounds fair to me also. If you look at the cars sold, versus the ones that have been up for sale for a long time, it's the price point. If you're on the wrong side of it, forget about selling it. There have been listings that have come up 3 or 4 times with no bids because the seller is asking above market price.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:40 PM
ChrisJ951
Burning Brakes

I am on the wrong side of the market. The car is stock except for an Autothority Stage 2 chip kit, speed force racing full 3 inch exhaust from the turbo back, including downpipe and racing cat. The turbo is stock as well as the MAF. I will keep the car. I just drove it this morning to a car gathering in North Atlanta and I really do love the car. I will add some go fast parts soon, get nicer wheels and paint.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:32 PM
S2cab
Instructor

Smile

Keep it. Run it. At least you can't say you made the mistake of selling it for something you don't like as much.

Quick Reply: Anyone know this 951?