Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Local PCA member on local news last night.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 11:55 AM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local PCA member on local news last night.

I was watching the local TV news list night –which is something that I NEVER do. –I’m simply never interested in the ‘sensational’ aspect of local traffic delays, housing ordnances, or who beat who up.

However, they showed a shot of what looked like a white Volvo 960, buried nose-first into a white house.

My thoughts were:

“Hmmm… that looks like a nice-condition leather interior.”
“Porsche used to make those all-alloy blocks for the 960”
“I wonder if those seats are up for grabs… they’d bolt right in to the wife’s car…”

Then they interviewed the homeowner.

There was about a ten second recognition delay while my brain tried to put a name to the face. –You know how it is when you see a familiar face out of the usual environment….

Then I realized who it was.

It was a local PCA member; autocrosses quite a bit, -has a white 944S2 in excellent condition, and drives it with no small degree of skill. -He knows me, my car, and my car's former owner. -Really nice guy. ...There's even a picture of his car on the local PCA site, in fact. -Lower left corner:

He's fine, his family is fine. The driver apparently suffered some sort of seizure, and ploughed over several lawns before stuffing the nose of the 960 into this fellow's house.

I expect to see him this Sunday at the next PCA autocross... He looked to be fine, and seemed genuinely more concerned that the driver of the Volvo was doing okay... although if you know him, that's exactly his temperament and nature.

-Glad to hear that he's okay, hopefully he'll be there on Sunday, and maybe if I'm lucky, it'll faze him just enough to adda second or two onto his time and let me get a bit closer!

Keith

Quick Reply: Local PCA member on local news last night.