Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Post: Can't adjust boost above 12PSI with LR MBC and Tial!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default X-Post: Can't adjust boost above 12PSI with LR MBC and Tial!

Ok guys,

Just got my car running and all, and only have one minor issue. Seems that I cannot adjust the boost above 12 PSI. I can lower it to as low as 10, but I turn the **** as much as 6 or 7 full turns and it goes to 12 and stays.

I double checked all the vac lines to make sure that they aren't the problem, and I'm pulling ~18 in/hg of vacuum. Is 18 good?

The only thing I may see solving this is where my vac lines go thru the battery compartment into the engine bay. I cut a little recess out of the weather stripping and laid them thru it. But if it was pinching them and restricting anything, wouldn't I get too much boost?

Any help here would be great! Thanks!

-Darwin
Old 10-19-2007, 05:03 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When you say you cut a notch out of the weather stripping near the battery box, are you running the vacuum lines over the top of the firewall or through a hole in the firewall? Normally pinching the line would cause the wastegate to stay closed all the way, but if you're running it in dual port mode and it is only one of the lines or something it could be that, maybe?

Have you checked all your hardpipe connections? There could be a cracked/torn rubber boot.

Also, when adjusting my mbc recently I found that it would only adjust if I was continuing to pull up on it as I was twisting the ****. If I popped the **** into the upper position and twisted it wouldn't do anything.

Quick Reply: X-Post: Can't adjust boost above 12PSI with LR MBC and Tial!