Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shiny and clean!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 02:56 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gots me a white-over-blue '89 951 also...

With polished wheels...

the seats were a custom-factory-order blue pinstripe:

NO dash cracks... -not a single one!!!

...Methinks I might have to get to work under the hood before I look as clean as yours though...

Personally, I still think that the darker colours do somehow 'reward' a glossy finish, but I have indeed grown to love my quarter-million-mile, second-owner white beauty!

Keith
Old 10-17-2007, 07:04 PM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
Pfftt....anyone can make their car look good when they don't drive it
Yeah... well... umm... *searches for witty comeback*

You're right!!! Need to get that thing out more!

Originally Posted by VWaddict
I gots me a white-over-blue '89 951 also...

With polished wheels...
Very nice!
NO dash cracks... -not a single one!!!
Hate you!
Personally, I still think that the darker colours do somehow 'reward' a glossy finish, but I have indeed grown to love my quarter-million-mile, second-owner white beauty!

Keith
Looks great for that many miles. I only have 83k. Hope my car looks half as good as yours when I get that many!

Love the euro driving lights BTW!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Steve,

Along with all the 968 bits, ever considered a euro style rear bumper? I couldn't stand the big fat rear pads on my car so I got rid of 'em as soon as I could.

-Darwin
Old 10-17-2007, 07:17 PM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Darwin - The euro bumper is pretty nice. I do kind of like the fact that if someone bumps into me in a parking lot that I wouldn't necessarily need to repaint. But like Doc Wilen said, I don't hardly drive the thing anyways!

Lots of things on the wish list. I wish I had more time and money to devote to my hobbies. For now I just polish it and drive it a couple of times each year. I plan on doing my first auto-x and DE next year. A new catback is probably the next thing I will do for sure.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I just installed an SFR unit onto my car. Absolutely perfect fit and finish. I highly suggest Tims products.

-Darwin
Old 10-17-2007, 07:42 PM
alex
Almost Addicted
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My first (an 84) was white, and I just love the contrast with the black accents. As a matter of fact, I used to have some white arnette steel catfish sunglasses that matched. I thought I was so cool when I was 16...
Old 10-17-2007, 07:45 PM
alex
Almost Addicted
Rennlist Member

Also, for me the interior color has become much more important. My first was the 2 tone brown on beige, second was black on beige, third is this awful gray flannel... but all the vinyl pieces are black, so when I make my cf door panels and get a black carpet kit, I'll be set.

The brownish burgundy 85.5 bothered me every time I walked up to it, though.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:41 PM
El Commandante
Pro

As always, your car looks great Steve!!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:09 PM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by El Commandante
As always, your car looks great Steve!!
Thanks!

Did you ever get your belts done? We need to get a group together up here to go driving sometime. The Omaha Crew is trying to get back up and running again. We should reach out to them sometime.

Originally Posted by empiredsn
As a matter of fact, I used to have some white arnette steel catfish sunglasses that matched. I thought I was so cool when I was 16...
That it soooo 80s!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:56 AM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SD Porsche Fan
Love the euro driving lights BTW!
Thanks!

Heck... they work BETTER than the "real" headlights. The bulbs are the PIAA super-white jobbies, and they are fantastic!

I'm going to try Hella H4s in the 'normal' headlight positions and see if that makes any improvement.

I really ought to get to work cleaning up the under-hood area, then you won't shame me quite so much!

Keith
Old 10-18-2007, 12:28 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Car looks great Steve. The white cars are a very hard thing to like. I looked at an '86 Apline white, and the color was very opaque. The car could have been in immaculate running shape and body wise and I still wouldn't have bought it. The white has to be WHITE to look good. Your car looks very good.

I would suggest new wheels. My S2 looked so-so when I had the D90's, and since I got the hollow spokes...WOW, BIG difference! You'll be amazed at what wheels do for a car.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are some big boners!
Old 10-18-2007, 05:48 PM
alex
Almost Addicted
Rennlist Member

Another suggestion for white cars- get black centered wheels with the polished lip. Like Fuchs, but maybe a newer and larger design (see avatar).

My current car is silver, so I wasn't sure if it would look right, but I'm happy. I think the black spokes look better on lighter colored cars.

Still, your car looks fantastic; I would buy one in a heartbeat... if I didn't have to sell my heart (or maybe a kidney) to do so.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:20 PM
El Commandante
Pro

Originally Posted by SD Porsche Fan
Thanks!

Did you ever get your belts done? We need to get a group together up here to go driving sometime. The Omaha Crew is trying to get back up and running again. We should reach out to them sometime.
No, I still need to do my belts i'm getting dangerously close to the required interval even though they appear to be fine, i just need to order some arrnworx tools and then i'm going to do that along with my waterpump and seals sometime shortly.
Yeah, i would love to meet up with all of you guys, i wouldn't even mind driving down to Omaha or anything. Just keep me in the loop!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:45 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Steve, both you and VWaddict have some nice looking white 944Ts! Just keep polishing those cars, both the outside, inside, and the engine bays too. And when you're done, maybe you can help me optimize my investment portfolio too?

Rock: Did someone say boner dude?

Quick Reply: Shiny and clean!