Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled intake and fuel rail: now runs like crap

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 02:31 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dgz924s
The caps are the blue or yellow plastic piece that snaps on to the injector end(pintle). Freeze them before placing caps on the injectors...Tight fit.

Or, better yet, throw them in a glass of hot water and put them on. They'll snap on when they're on right.

Freeze them? There are only a very select group of materials on the planet (a few metal alloys, some synthetic fibers, and a few ceramics) which can expand under colder conditions...and the plastic used on the injector caps are not one of those materials.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:30 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

Alright, I got it fixed.

It turns out that it was a two-fold problem. First, I managed to get that one gasket backwards. Don't know how or why... probably just wasn't paying enough attention. Second, one of those hoses that connects to the underside of the intake manifold was loose. Again, not sure how or why, but it was what it was, so there you have it!

Thanks for your help!

BB.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:41 PM
75ohm
Resistance is Futile
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 131 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by BeerBurner
Alright, I got it fixed.

It turns out that it was a two-fold problem. First, I managed to get that one gasket backwards. Don't know how or why... probably just wasn't paying enough attention. Second, one of those hoses that connects to the underside of the intake manifold was loose. Again, not sure how or why, but it was what it was, so there you have it!

Thanks for your help!

BB.
Oh hell yes... I'm not the only ID TEN T around here that messes that intake-brake booster hose up.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:49 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

The sad thing is that I could have sworn I put it on! In fact, the only reason I even suspect I didn't was because while I was unscrewing it I suddenly noticed it was loose... it never felt like I pulled it off or anything... Just loose...

BB.

Quick Reply: Pulled intake and fuel rail: now runs like crap