Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car for sale... New website

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007 | 10:56 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

OK - this is extreme nit-pickin' but you asked for input:

Interior Pictures
#6 - Dash has dust on it
#7 - Steering wheel is off center
#9 - Hide the wire better under the glove box
#16 - This is the one that bothers me the most, it's got what seems to be a lot of dust/dirt just laying around near all the button.

Interior Pictures:
b - very poor lighting, causes fine scratches to appear more evident
c - most of the car is in the shadows, makes paint not as shiny
d - again very shadowy, makes paint look dull
i - don't know if it's the angle but it makes it look like there is a gap between cow and nose (if this is the case, maybe a different angle that doesn't "highlight" this flaw as much).
j - very very dull photo and again, very shadowy in wear the highlights are on the fine swirl scratches in the paint

The interior photos are more nit-picky but I would definitely scrap the exterior photos sighted in my statements above, they almost make it look like two entirely different cars. Some pictures are killer and make the car look very glossy and shiny but the others just kill the finish.

Engine:
All look fabulous. Nice white coolant reserve tank. This is a very very very clean and killer looking engine!

Miscellaneous:
- I'd white out your license plate number if my car was as hot with all those extra goodies (I know - I know I don't do this but your car has some major aftermarket goodies on it).
- I'd list the city where you live so some that are contemplating the drive can figure out how far away you are from them.
- Most important misc. left for last, take photos of your repair bills (with name and address whited out of course) as photos of the maint. receipts and extra goodies will reassure others that your car was indeed pampered and well cared for as it appears.

If I forgot to say, your car really works! Color combo, engine work, seats, condition, your website is a killer idea but I would definitely recommend changing those photos. If you are spending all that time and energy in the website, take some more appealing photos.
Old 08-28-2007 | 12:07 AM
Naplesguy06
Racer

I think your price is too low Hunter. You should be around $17,000 for what you have. You have a low mile car with the best in mods. Problem is. however, that a modified car is a differant target audience than a bone stock car. Your car will appeal to buyers who want speed and bling. I track these card a lot and your best bet is Autotrader(takes longer than Ebay but gets more $$$) or park it close to a Porsche Stealership. I love your interior colors. And guards red cant be beat for the exterior. Nice car hold out if you can you will get a buyer.
Old 08-28-2007 | 01:12 AM
wi54545
Burning Brakes

Go biggie,

Thanks for the pointers. I don't have a very selective eye on what constitutes a good photo. My wife and brother both are the professional photographers and it bothers them too. Maybe they should take the pics! I'm just a dumb 'ol pilot

Fixed most of the gripes, but need to get the wife (nine months preggy and pissed that I am typing this at this hour) to take some new pics for me.... Also need her to take some video of the car moving to get the whole audio/visual experience.

Last edited by wi54545; 08-28-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old 08-28-2007 | 01:41 AM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

I agree with Naples -- your asking price is too low. Honestly, I'd ask for more (hell -- try $18k) and then lower accordingly. Let it take some time in finding the right buyer; you'll end up getting more for that beautiful car and will help drive the market value of these cars up!

All it takes is one person to buy the car. Nice car!
Old 08-28-2007 | 01:59 AM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

From: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

beautiul car! I wish I had the cash. I'd take it off your hands immediately!
Old 08-28-2007 | 08:46 AM
wi54545
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the complements guys. My wife just saw what I was asking for and she is pretty miffed (is that hard to do with a pregnant lady??? Nope.). She agrees with you guys that I need to up it, but I don't think it is ethical since it is already out there... Maybe the same price for 'listers would do the trick....
Old 08-28-2007 | 12:11 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

ummmm, unethical? You definitely seem like a very nice guy, but c'mon! just ask $18k and see what happens! If a 'Lister wants to buy, then negotiate from there using the original price if you like. You'll be doing the market a favor

BTW good luck and congrats (w/ the baby, whenever it's due)!
Old 08-28-2007 | 12:18 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

It's a pretty fine looking car, dude. Especially since you are including airfare from anywhere Continental flies with the asking price

Are you still out in Villa Rica? I'm in Carrollton-- would love to stop by and check it out. Give me a call (I think you still have my number ?)

-t
Old 08-28-2007 | 04:41 PM
wi54545
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ausgeflippt951
ummmm, unethical? You definitely seem like a very nice guy, but c'mon! just ask $18k and see what happens! If a 'Lister wants to buy, then negotiate from there using the original price if you like. You'll be doing the market a favor

BTW good luck and congrats (w/ the baby, whenever it's due)!

I know, I know. What can I say? I'll probably raise it with a warning that it is going up in 7 days. Lister's get the original price. I have one guy that wants it now. We'll see how that goes this weekend when I get back home. My wife is due on September 26th. But I don't think she'll get that far. The basketball is over inflated.

Originally Posted by tedwright
It's a pretty fine looking car, dude. Especially since you are including airfare from anywhere Continental flies with the asking price

Are you still out in Villa Rica? I'm in Carrollton-- would love to stop by and check it out. Give me a call (I think you still have my number ?)

-t
I'll be around this weekend, and for the next two months. I made the tough choice to leave CAL and I am starting training at Delta on Monday. Giving up some career earnings (captain on the 737 would be next year if economy doesn't tank at CAL), for the ability to drive to work. Makes my dad (retired Delta 767 Captain) happy. Anyways, I'll give you a call later.

-Hunter

Last edited by wi54545; 08-28-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-28-2007 | 04:49 PM
Shabba
Racer

Hey, there is nothing wrong with that page. I think it's fantastic! It's well laid out, easy to read and it makes the seller look like a meticulous sort that would take care of a car. Good luck, wish I had the money myself!
Old 08-28-2007 | 06:37 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Excellent site and a great car. Your price is a steal. I wish I could be in the market (a feeling I get every time a 'lister puts a particularly fine car on the market!)

Best of luck with the sale, and congratulations on your soon-to-be born new family member!
Old 08-28-2007 | 08:01 PM
mark_uss
Racer

i think that`s the best 951 i ever saw...it looks flawless.. it is an awsome car.thanks 4 the pics ..added to my folder of 944 pictures around the world.. good luck on the sale.
+1 price to low.
Old 08-28-2007 | 10:16 PM
wi54545
Burning Brakes

I hopefully will add some video to the site by Monday. I appreciate all the kind words. I think it's neat that the car has been seen all around the world!
Old 08-28-2007 | 10:35 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hunter-
I feel your the pain of your commute. Like I told you before, I know all too well about the cal standby list from atl-ewr. (And that's as an SA4 !!)

Look forward to hearing from you
Old 08-29-2007 | 11:00 AM
wi54545
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tedwright
Hunter-
I feel your the pain of your commute. Like I told you before, I know all too well about the cal standby list from atl-ewr. (And that's as an SA4 !!)

Look forward to hearing from you
I was always on the jumpseat. The second one usually with about 2 inches of leg room and a 90 incline. Always fun. My car is a lot more comfortable. I'll give you a call this weekend, I'm going out on a trip today. Take care!

Quick Reply: My car for sale... New website