Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior sensor - heater hose and disc valve

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 03:26 PM
ekeeton
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior sensor - heater hose and disc valve

I sprang a leak yesterday in the "interior sensor heater hose" http://www.pelicanparts.com/PartsLoo...ATALOG-297.jpg

I'm not familiar with how the interior sensor system works, but the hose connects to a disc valve as shown in the diagram. Should I go ahead and replace the disc valve while I'm at it? I don't know what this valve does exactly.

The kind of strange thing is that I didn't have any indication of a problem until I put the car on ramps to change the oil. I drove up, shut off the engine, opened the hood, and suddenly coolant is running all over the ground and I notice this little hose it taking a **** all over my engine.

Back on level ground it doesn't seem to leak at all until I shut the engine off. So I was wondering whether that valve could be stuck or something.

I wrapped the hose with good old racer's tape and it doesn't seem to leak at all now, at least temporarily.

While I'm ordering the hose I was wondering if I should order any other parts. Thanks for any advice.

Ed Keeton

Quick Reply: Interior sensor - heater hose and disc valve