Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 s2 cab VS boxster 2.5

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 08:45 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed

Originally Posted by Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay
bottom line, you won't get super money for an S2 cab but if its decent shape and has papers you will get good money.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:47 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

nicely said !

Originally Posted by bluedevil
Tops do break, cars breakdown, people do stupid things and none of that is in question. Both cars are good cars and I would be happy to drive a Boxster vs. a 944 or 968 but the facts are the facts. If you don't take care of any car they will not take car of you.
What it all comes down to is what your looking for, track, daily driving, space, driving by yourself on weekends?
As I have said before I talked to mechanics who said they are hard to work on but as we see here in the posts above that must be wrong.
I personally do not make my decsions on a car by how well the convertable top works but hey if that is what gets you going great.
Also I think most of us buy the cars to enjoy or out of need to get from A to B. If your looking for return on investment then I would suggest you look at a honda or have a one off Foose design car that you can collect. If you want a car to enjoy and drive either is fine but I think I would stay in the 944/968 or hell spend the money and go 993.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:21 AM
nickg
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adrian_jaye
OH FFS MAN :RTFM:

944S2 Cabriolet
Model Year Production Rest of World
1989 ? ? 16
1990 3938 2114 1824
1991 1702 1140 562
Totals 2402

So lets do the math,
1989 16
1990 3938
1991 1702
========
TOTAL 5656

US of which 2404 where in the US

Whats your definition of thousands then ?

As for ignorance, sorry bud you've already shown yours over and over,
so talking any further with you will make me a whole lot stupider
so I will cease forth with
guess you have no idea of the scale of the USA..2400 cars? they sell more camry's in a day than that here, hence it is not easy to find.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 19 Posts

LOL ok nickg. Trust me, your cabs, are not my cab. I live in Fairfield county and work in Greenwich all the time my man. this car gets nods and looks from people in new cars costing 10 times as much. They are always asking me about it. Its freakin weird. I tell them what year it is and they can't believe it. Then you have Porsche guys who stop me at the main street deli and we talk for a half hour about our cars. It all depends on the condition of your car and also mine is highly modified. And I'm not talking riced out modified.

I'm not saying that its the most beautiful car on earth but I know what I can get and what I've been offered. And I'm not taking this personal if that is what you think.

If you have a low mileage cab with papers you will be crazy to take less than 13k IMO. If I sold mine with the supercharger and the way it is I think 17k is a steal considering everything works, I am meticulous about maintenance, and you won't find another one like it inside or out on the entire east coast.

Little things that add to its value for the right buyer. not for EVERY buyer. Big difference.

But this is stupid talk anyway since people who buy their cars as investments are idiots to me anyway.

k thanx bye
Old 08-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL ok nickg. Trust me, your cabs, are not my cab.
Sounds like a sweet S2. Got pics??
Old 08-16-2007, 09:25 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Man you chat so much BS, your mouth must be stinky boy !

I SAID #21
THAT "You may have had bad experiences, but 3 cars out of how many 1000's sold ?"

YOU REPLIED #25
THAT "there are definetly NOT thousands of s2 cabs...you may want to double check your figures."

I REPLIED BACK TO YOU #30

944S2 Cabriolet
Model Year Production Rest of World
1989 ? ? 16
1990 3938 2114 1824
1991 1702 1140 562
Totals 2402

So lets do the math,
1989 16
1990 3938
1991 1702
========
TOTAL 5656

US of which 2404 where in the US

--------------------------------

IN THE US 2404 CABS WHERE SOLD, 2 thousand, THAT IS PLURAL, I.E THOUSANDS, AND 5000 IN TOTAL,
SO 3 CABS OUT OF 5656, SOMETHING LIKE 0.05% SAY EVEN CALL WORLD WIDE IT'S 1% OF ALL S2 CABS, HOW RARE IS THAT

I know a load of owners, cabs and coupes, i have done the rounds and been about longer than most, and trust me when I say that breaking tops is rare, and you WILL find is down to either abuse (from new or otherwise) improper maintenance and I suppose the VERY VERY odd ones which have mechanical defects.

But do you know something I dont expect you to believe it or even as youv'e proved able to get into a discussion without changing your mind and POV....

So have a nice life !

Originally Posted by nickg
guess you have no idea of the scale of the USA..2400 cars? they sell more camry's in a day than that here, hence it is not easy to find.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:27 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

I totally agree with you,

same happen's to me.

The S2 Cab is not everyones cup of tea, and for sure you only get what somone is expecting to pay.

but these cars hold there price, the good ones that is.

LOL ok nickg. Trust me, your cabs, are not my cab. I live in Fairfield county and work in Greenwich all the time my man. this car gets nods and looks from people in new cars costing 10 times as much. They are always asking me about it. Its freakin weird. I tell them what year it is and they can't believe it. Then you have Porsche guys who stop me at the main street deli and we talk for a half hour about our cars. It all depends on the condition of your car and also mine is highly modified. And I'm not talking riced out modified.

I'm not saying that its the most beautiful car on earth but I know what I can get and what I've been offered. And I'm not taking this personal if that is what you think.

If you have a low mileage cab with papers you will be crazy to take less than 13k IMO. If I sold mine with the supercharger and the way it is I think 17k is a steal considering everything works, I am meticulous about maintenance, and you won't find another one like it inside or out on the entire east coast.

Little things that add to its value for the right buyer. not for EVERY buyer. Big difference.

But this is stupid talk anyway since people who buy their cars as investments are idiots to me anyway.

k thanx bye
Old 08-16-2007, 09:30 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

ok so slightly off topic..

the point was I saw a 2.5 boxster going quite cheap,
so was "thinking" of the pros and cons

of 44 cab vs boxster

again alot of people see the Box as a "real" Porsche" and the 44 STILL as an AUDI

not that that is the main point.

of course looking to the future, parts, maintenance etc

again

just some feedback on owners/drivers of both
Old 08-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 19 Posts

^^^LOL you want to stay on topic?

kidding
Old 08-16-2007, 10:21 AM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

I have not seen the real question answered yet; can you turbo the boxster 2.5?
Old 08-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Mello
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would kill for a Boxster... it this were the year 1997. Now, the 986/7 and 996 doesn't do anything for me at all. Any brand new Porsche is cool, but every time I take my S2 Cab out, I get at least one person pulling up next to me asking me what kind of car it is, or telling me how sick it looks.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:08 PM
jsaindc
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes a boxster can be charged.

Think of this. You can have a brand new (re manufactured) 2.5 installed into a Boxster for about $7k. This is a complete engine with belts, hoses, tanks etc.. and comes with a 2 year Porsche warranty, not a bad deal.

All I hear from folks that DON'T own Boxsters are that they are for Chicks; however, at the Potomac Autocross events they are perhaps the most represented model and there is only 1 female driver. By the way they are some of the fastest times, in stock and modified.

I love my S2 cab and will probably keep it for some time. I personaly like having something different, but if it was all about the drive and reliability I would lokk at the Boxster. JMO.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:46 PM
AlpharettaRK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I drive a Boxster and a 944 on a regular basis, and while I really like my 944 race car (it takes a LOT of abuse) I like the Boxster even better. Dynamically it's the best I've ever driven - is it for guys that can't afford a 911? I like to think of 911's as more expensive Boxsters with the engine in the wrong place! (and for what I've got in my Boxster I could have a 911). You can't beat the mid-engine plus low center of gravity with the flat 6. They are both great cars, but I prefer the Boxster.
Cheers
Randy
Old 02-22-2015, 11:57 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

folks, there's a new sheriff in town....

say hello to Rennlist's old turned new hotrod forum.

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-forum-125/

ok, it's been happening for some time.

and granted, there's no cheap entry fees (sorry)..... but there never was a cheap answer for the 944 either.

quite the contrary when there was so much to do on these cars....

in any case, the question might no-longer be 944 vs underpowered ******* Boxster

or hp only after extortion paid Cayman, or 997.....

and no turbos needed.... nope; the future's here.

the new question is (rather) GT4/dump your underpowered Boxster, Cayman or Spyder

vs BGB Motorsports 3.6/3.8 retrofit for your new or new old Boxster/Cayman.

yes, gentlemen, cheap Boxster/Cayman + BGB can of whoopass = Carrera GT Jr.....

Originally Posted by GrantG
I have zero hesitation about buying this car. When Porsche offers a manual-only motorsport-developed GT car for under $85k, you just say "thank you" and take out your wallet
sorry Lart,

time marches on.

Quick Reply: 944 s2 cab VS boxster 2.5