Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emergency flasher removal (early)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007 | 06:51 PM
sbyrne
Racer

Default Emergency flasher removal (early)

Still tracking down the turn signal issue. Not the relay. Got a new emergency flasher switch today. Shouldn't the panel that it's attached to, along with the rear defroster (early car), pop out with a little coaxing? It's stuck on the right side (top, bottom, and left pried out fairly easily), and I don't want to get too frisky with a screwdriver and ruin my nearly uncracked dash.
Old 07-16-2007 | 09:21 PM
sbyrne
Racer

Update: the panel does "pop" out with a little firmer coaxing, using a kitchen knife. Got the new switch installed, which didn't go as easily as it should have - when the panel is removed from the dash, there is plent of extra wire on the rear defrost switch, but very little on the emegency flasher, so working in that area is a b*tch. And, of course, that didn't fix my turn signals, so I'm down to the signal switch itself or a bad ground. The guy I talked to at 944 Online says the turn signal switch is a VW part with several small plastic bits in it that tend to break over time. Less than 2 weeks to P2O - may have to drive 4 hours each way signaling the old fashioned way....Arrgh!!!

Quick Reply: Emergency flasher removal (early)