Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot Start Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 04:02 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, got my new DME relay in today. Took the car for a cruise to my school 4 miles away, and 4 miles back home. Got on it a few times to heat the car up more (not yet all that hot outside). Pulled it into the garage. Turned it off, then re-started it 3 times in a row. Each time took a little longer then an initial cold startup in a 944, and also had a different tune to it.

About noon rolls around (very hot, in the mid to upper 90's). I got to get my keys made in the car so I could check them to work. I got the keys made, and went to test them. I tryed to start the car, and it cranked fine but catched as if it wanted to start but wouldn't. We let it cool a bit while the guy that cut my keys talked to me about owning his 924 he so happened to have just got running last night. I popped my hood and he stared at it forever in awe at the cleanliness. Went back to start the car after chatting for an hour with the hood up, and it turned over fine and started like when it was cold. The motor was still VERY hot to the touch (valve cover), yet the radiating heat 944's have, wasn't present.

I guess I'll try to test my reference sensors!

Quick Reply: Hot Start Problem