Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit 200,000 miles yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by NCporsche
200,000 miles on 12.26.06. She is now at 208k+ and had a broken speedo when I bought the car.

As an aside, the P-car is not my DD, and still I've put 8,000 miles on her in less than six months. These weekend trips do add up.
Nice picture. I wanted to get one at a speed similar to that as well - but in a 35 mph speed zone, it might have been a little difficult.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
I'll see 200K......in another 40 years. Congrats.

I'm headed off to the tilted kilt to celebrate for you.
Hey Jeremy - I'll be in Phoenix the week of the 25th. Maybe Wednesday (the 27th) would be a good time to meet at the Kilt? If we don't have a chance then - thanks for the thoughts. I'm sure I'll find a way to celebrate as well.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sca037
Congrats Scott!

You have about 100K on me, and at this rate I'll finally catch you......................um, that would be "never"

I was thinking of changing out the original rubber-centered clutch disc as preventative maintenance, but I might be 150K shy of that mark after all
Brian
Brian - I changed my clutch at about 165,000 miles. You probably have another 50,000 before you need to worry about it.

Your car is too nice to try and pile on the miles. Mine is just a beater. A fun beater - but a beater just the same.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by xsboost90
ive heard of someone w/ 90k on the original belt- but thats just scary.

anyone know how to prevent dash cracks? I had one when i bought the car and now theres another forming, i need to do something to stop them! And no dash covers....

Hey Dan - can't help on the dash cracks, though I have read that keeping the material soft and compliant may help.

On the T-belt.... you're 100% correct. That is something not worth messing with. I change mine more frequently than the recommended interval. I've had enough bad experiences with broken belts on my DSMs - I don't want any part of that drama on a Porsche. Not worth it, not worth it, not worth it!
Old 06-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GOBOGIE
Scott if you want to ask me out on a date, flattery of this kind will get you no where! BTW - I'm not attracted to the "Swedish Chef Look-a-Likes"

To answer your question - no I'm not going to make it to the Fest this year... I'm currently working/traveling out West and residing on the SW coast of Oregon!
Cory - so are you implying that I look like some kind of Swedish chef? Guess I've never watched the Food channel. Too busy driving my car!!!!

Too bad you can't make the Fest this year. That's two in a row now. You'd better get your priorities in order for '08!

Last edited by Scott at Team Harco; 06-08-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:00 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Here's a laugh, Scott... the other day a coworker called me up, warned me he thought he saw someone driving my car! I said, was it a crazy-looking guy with bushy hair, driving like a jerk? He said yeah, I said no, that's just Scott, driving his own car... (FYI, Scott and I work around the corner from eachother, and my 931 is the same Plat Silber Met as his 944)

To add to the confusion, I just picked up another Plat Silber Met. 931 last week... though it's not running yet...
Old 06-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just goes to show that if you take care of a Porsche it will last forever! Congrats and well done Sir.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 924RACR
Here's a laugh, Scott... the other day a coworker called me up, warned me he thought he saw someone driving my car! I said, was it a crazy-looking guy with bushy hair, driving like a jerk? He said yeah, I said no, that's just Scott, driving his own car... (FYI, Scott and I work around the corner from eachother, and my 931 is the same Plat Silber Met as his 944)

To add to the confusion, I just picked up another Plat Silber Met. 931 last week... though it's not running yet...
Vaughan - That's funny. The funniest part is that everyone else is driving like a jerk. I'm the normal one.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:14 PM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott at Team Harco
Nice picture. I wanted to get one at a speed similar to that as well - but in a 35 mph speed zone, it might have been a little difficult.
Just a couple of notes on the referred to pic. It was taken on I-85 and my hopes were to get up to 135+ but alas, traffic got in the way...

...oops, I meant to say, I was on the track at the time, and a corner was coming up so I had to slow down.

Several months ago, I posted the same picture on the 928 forum and I did catch some flack. They bashed me because they were focussed on the speed and not the mileage. One poster said, IIRC, "I hit 110 in 3rd gear getting on the interstate.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:16 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott at Team Harco
Cory - so are you implying that I look like some kind of Swedish chef? Guess I've never watched the Food channel. Too busy driving my car!!!!

Too bad you can't make the Fest this year. That's two in a row now. You'd better get your priorities in order for '08!
No - not from the food channel, from The Muppet Show. Anyway, I know what you mean... 2 years in a row is unacceptable!!! My car has been sitting since last October and is experiencing another long drought without being driven :-(

Anybody what to stop by a storage unit back in Niles, MI and take my turbo for a spin?

Quick Reply: Hit 200,000 miles yesterday