Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sparco Bottom mount/mounting question (with pix)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:07 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sparco Bottom mount/mounting question (with pix)

Hey
Just got my 2 bottom brackets for my Sparco Sprint V seats, and am completely baffled as how to install them. I need to keep my stock belts, but the bracket for the drivers side seat has the tap in the wrong location, so I figured they labeled them wrong so I used the passengers in the drivers. Also, the labeled passengers side bracket (using as drivers) has 2 tabs for the stock belts while the other bracket only has 1. Also, with these brackets, the bolts from the sliders will be sticking out into the floor. Pictures speak louder than works, so here they are. Please tell me if my feeble attempts to crack this crazy Italian design are right and they labeled them wrong. or if anyone has a tutorial on how to do this I would really appreciate it.
in simple terms, please help.
Thanks for the time
-Seb
(I know, the pix are gratuitous, but I really need to get these seats in before Saturday)

seat

bottom of seat

side of drivers seat w/ bracket installed

other side of same seat

bottom of bracket/seat (notice how the slider bolts would be into the floor)

Labled as drivers side bracket, but seatbelt tab is in opposite spot, so I'm using it as the passenger's
Old 05-31-2007, 04:13 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump
Old 05-31-2007, 04:21 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 102 Posts

My sparco brackets were quite a bit different. Mine aren't sliders, just bolt in. I would suggest pulling out your seat and making sure your bracket will bolt to the floor. I had to drill extra holes to get mine to mount. As for the seatbelt thing, I went with a 964 RS part which is just a bracket that bolts to the floor and accepts the inner seatbelt clip.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:25 PM
joelkellogg
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am having the same exact problem. i have the same seat, bracket and slider. and cant figure it out. did you figure anything out?? thanks!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:45 PM
por944s2
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Get some spacers to bolt the bracket to stock mounting points with the vertical tab on the tunnel side for stock belt receiver. I used washers taped together to make up for the nut on the bottom of bracket. This will also allow you to add some recline as well. You should cut hole in bottom of seat to allow for 5-6 point harness. These are bottom mount seats, next time get side mount and you will not need the bracket. Clear as mud?

Quick Reply: Sparco Bottom mount/mounting question (with pix)