Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soo my car burst into flames when i was backing out of my driveway today..

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:38 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bummer. Glad you are on the road to recovery.

I have to tell you, the fuel fire nightmare is definitely one of my fears.
Any work I have done in the fuel area is followed by:
A: Cool engine
B: Making sure my car is away from my house
C: Checking all my connections for spray, or drip, or dribble...

Let's just say there was once I thought it was all buckled down, and then there was that nice dribble at the FPR....engine off, start over and be thankful no fire.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Matt Sheppard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, have you been through it with this car!

Seems like you have had a proper Porsche initiation, though. I especially like the "no problem replacing the cam tower gasket/ couple hours" part. Now that is talking like a seasoned listee!
Old 05-25-2007, 12:59 AM
nh7cy
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woohoo!! Initiation!! For some reason i had been figuring this car had been testing me to make sure i was capable of handling a Porsche..

Anyway, in my view i think this car actually isn't possessed as previously thought because when you look at it this way, this car actually has problems that point out larger problems and seems to be saving itself from something horrible.

For example, when i was about to start the car last week, i realized i hadn't put on the alternator belt, when i jacked up the car coolant leaked out, this pointed out a lose connection in the coolant water neck. Once it was all finished i thought i was done but one of the bolts stripped, while replacing this i realized that a few more things needed fixing and it was all done. Had the coolant neck not leaked until later on i wouldn't have realized that these additional things needed fixing. Which is also why its lucky this fire happened. If i had driven for a bit for one, it could have happened on the freeway instead of in my driveway, and i could have been driving with bad injector seals. So i guess my car is just saving itself so nothing really bad happens once its on the road.

Quick Reply: Soo my car burst into flames when i was backing out of my driveway today..