Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

af9 wiring..

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 09:58 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default af9 wiring..

Has someone here installed this thing? I know I have to splice the wire into the large green wire coming out of the DME. Problem is, there are three large green(ish) wires coming out of the DME. Two are a bright green, one is a little larger but is more blue-grey than green (slight tinge of green to it. I cut into the blueish grey one thinking that was it, moved the insulation and grounding wires, and exposed two wires in the middle. Is this the one I was supposed to cut into? If so, which of the two middle wires am I supposed to cut. I'm so confused....
Old 05-15-2007, 12:40 AM
fwb42
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What a timely post. I'm installing mine at this tme also.I've found 2 "big green " wires.One of which is to go to pin 24.But I don't know how to identify which one goes to pin 24. I've got to put the car on stands for a power stearing leak fix and I'm going to try to follow the o2 wire to its connection and then splice it in.As always ,open for some better way.. FRED
Old 05-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Daily944
Racer

Give me 10 mins and I'll be back with a photo. I installed mine about a year ago, and cant recall which wire
Old 05-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Daily944
Racer

There was 2 large green wires, this wasn't the best picture as I couldn't find the maglight was working with flash.

There is 2 large green wires, but one is a little bigger then the other. Thats the shielded one, I cut back carefully on the shielding to expose the wire below and used one of those blue crimp connections, then wrapped it with electrical tape for added protection.

Hope this helps, If not I can get a better picture of it tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Travis - sflraver
Red - +12v
Black - Ground
Green - O2 Signal wire going into the DME. It is the large shielded green one. You need to hook into the center connector and not the outter shield.
Attached Images  
Old 05-15-2007, 01:30 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

i cut into both green ones, both have sheilding...lol....no idea which it is...i guess trial and error?!
Old 05-15-2007, 01:36 AM
Daily944
Racer

One has only one small wire inside, push and pull the shielding out of the way to connect into it. If you can get the 2 brite green wires close to each other you should be able to see the size difference. Just be careful in there, dont want to mess it up. I have my car up on jackstands in the middle of doing a motor swap, so its easy to access, I just have a lack of light.

If you want to hold off till tomorrow morning I can take a better picture of where the wire leads into the harness. I'd hate so see something fry connecting to the wrong one.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:03 PM
fwb42
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Craig,Am I missing something here? The wire you are holding looks like it is green/white ??? TIA. FRED
Old 05-15-2007, 12:31 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

I actually ended up guessing and trying one of the green wires. Hooked everything back up, started the car, boom!! Got it right the first try. got some pics of my work last night too, but all of them came out blurry...

Here is everything I did. Installed new license plate lights, rewired boost guage, wired up analog clock, uninstalled weltmeister chips, installed autothority chips, wired up af9 guage. w00t!
Old 05-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Daily944
Racer

Originally Posted by fwb42
Craig,Am I missing something here? The wire you are holding looks like it is green/white ??? TIA. FRED
That is actually just a white wire that got in the way. There is 2 bright green wires, one a slightly larger diameter.. that's the one you want.

Originally Posted by bloodraven
I actually ended up guessing and trying one of the green wires. Hooked everything back up, started the car, boom!! Got it right the first try. got some pics of my work last night too, but all of them came out blurry...

Here is everything I did. Installed new license plate lights, rewired boost guage, wired up analog clock, uninstalled weltmeister chips, installed autothority chips, wired up af9 guage. w00t!
Sounds great! If I could make some progress on my current project

Quick Reply: af9 wiring..