Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUSSELL BERRY GET WELL SOON, WE'RE THINKING OF YOU.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:50 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts

Russ, thanks for the update. Rennlist needs guys like you. (FWIW my car is running the BEST EVER thanks to YOU!) Your fight with the cig is obviously going to be a tough one, if your son isn't already your coach for that game he should be. Put a photoshop of your 3 year old with a graduation cap on his head where you can look at it every time you start to jones. If you can look me in the eye at the Fest and say "I've been smoke free for 90 days" I would be extremely proud to shake your hand.

Keep us posted.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:52 AM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

freakin pansy.......WALK IT OFF!!

I KID!

i'm sure people would understand if you took more time to get to 100% before you got back to "business"

better to have some late products than no products at all.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:08 AM
ahsan127
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Its good to see that you are taking all the appropriate measures to stay healthy...and yeah, definitely quit smoking. Your body will thank you. There is actually a new med on the market that can help you do that if you cant do it on your own...I know most of my patients need some sort of help. Good luck man and stay healthy.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Russell,
Rennlist Nation is behind you!
Old 05-07-2007, 12:07 PM
951Boost
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rberry951
Okay my friends, time to get back on the horse!

Been smoking over 30 years, was a little over two packs a day.

Man that's scary! Russell I'm sure you know nicotine is one the most psychologically and physically adictive substances in the universe. The fact that you are cutting back so drastically (which is a good thing!!!) is also going to play hell with the rest of system, not just your lungs, so keep that in mind as you recover.

I'm glad you are feeling a little better and please do follow thru with the rest of the medical testing. You do indeed have a lot of good reasons to stick around for a long, long time.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:28 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

hey man i hope you get better. If there is anything I can do PLEASE ask
Old 05-07-2007, 09:01 PM
robinsonracing
Racer

Originally Posted by rberry951
Okay my friends, time to get back on the horse!

I'm not 100%, but I'm way behind now and this week will be a lot of catch up. Antibiotics still have me a bit foggy, so if you're waiting on something from me don't hesitate to drop me a line saying so. I don't want anyone falling through the cracks here.

I'm going to start a battery of tests this week as well, starting with a lot of blood tests, ultra-sound, and some other non-intrusive tests. Hopefully that will reveal the culprit. If not, more extensive tests will be done. I just know I never want to feel like that again, it sucked.

I REALLY appreciate all the well wishes, it means a lot. Aside from what I want to accomplish for you guys, I have a 3yr old son I want to watch grow up. So I will be getting to the bottom of this and taking every step to enhance my good health. In the process of all this, I quitting smoking. Been smoking over 30 years, was a little over two packs a day. Now I'm down to 2-3 cigs a day to ween off the nicotine. My lungs hate me for it right now, but they'll be greatful in the near future. I don't know exactly how long it takes to expell 30 years worth of trash in your lungs, but let's just suffice to say it's ugly.

Thanks again guys, I really do appreciate you.

Regards,
Russell
Everything in the world can be replaced other than health and FAMILY. Wishing you the best.
Brian

Quick Reply: RUSSELL BERRY GET WELL SOON, WE'RE THINKING OF YOU.