Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My P-Baby went into surgery yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 04:09 PM
PennyWise
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Busy having too much fun.....

Done just over 3000kms.... changed oil to bp5000 synthetic and haven't lost a drop as well belts re-tentioned.

It revs to 6000 so easily and its a pleasure not seeing a smoke screen when I do.... All in all very happy....
Old 09-05-2007, 04:12 PM
PennyWise
Racer

I still need to join the Porsche club... I've been wanting to do it for 4 years, but the smoke was embarrasing.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:06 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you joined yet, I haven't seen you there.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:37 AM
PennyWise
Racer

Hi Johan
I bought a house and the renovations are keep me very busy... also... 3 weeks ago, some dick in a Nissan Navara side swiped me and wrecked my driver's door and rear fender... I think insurance will write it off. It's a bummer as the motor only has 8k on it. Fear not.. I will replace it...

Also... did you fix your roof leak?
Old 04-14-2008, 10:03 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me its not true!

I happen to know of a red cab in very good cond thats for sale now, I'm considering buying it to replace my silver Cab, only problem is I spend a lot on my car and know its condition so I'm hesitant to part with it.

Talk to me if it is a write-off I might be interested in buying it, you should be able to buy it at 25% of book which is probably less than you paid for the engine.

I emailed you a couple of days ago, please mail me at: johan@wico.co.za

Ps: The Navara wasn't silver? My brother drives one
Old 04-14-2008, 11:24 AM
PennyWise
Racer

[QUOTE=JohanvdWalt;5311140]NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me its not true!

I happen to know of a red cab in very good cond thats for sale now, I'm considering buying it to replace my silver Cab, only problem is I spend a lot on my car and know its condition so I'm hesitant to part with it.
QUOTE]

Is that the one in Cape Town? I see its been there about 6 months based on the date on the photo.

Whats wrong with your car that you want to replace it?

Ps... not your brother... the guy had some really scantily clad woman with him in the car and he told me he "just" lost control and swerved into me. (it was his wifes car and she was NOT his wife.)... Hmm.... I think she was tuning his radio.

Sent you a mail...
Old 04-14-2008, 11:31 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

No the red cab is here in JHB, it belonged to someone who worked with my brother for many years, he sold it two years ago to the guy who now own it.

Whats wrong with my car ............................ thats why I haven't replaced it yet ............... Nothing!! I can only get worse, not better. I just want a red one. I've considered a respray but I've done that once before and you can always see the old color in some small places.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:54 AM
PennyWise
Racer

That's whats bugging me, I've spent so much money (happily) on the car, and to start again is a big worry. I'm far wiser now and know what to look for, but still, to start again is a bit depressing... if I can avoid clutch, waterpump, radiator, seals, and belts for a few years I would be happy.

I'll know which direction Im heading by end of next week hopefully.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:12 PM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PennyWise
That's whats bugging me, I've spent so much money (happily) on the car, and to start again is a big worry. I'm far wiser now and know what to look for, but still, to start again is a bit depressing... if I can avoid clutch, waterpump, radiator, seals, and belts for a few years I would be happy.

I'll know which direction I'm heading by end of next week hopefully.
Same here, I should have waited for a red car in the first place but waiting is not my strongest point.

Have not received the mail yet.
Good luck and if the insurance try to screw you .............. talk to me, I'm an insurance broker.

Quick Reply: My P-Baby went into surgery yesterday