Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! Need a photo or good description..

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Neinfofo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! Need a photo or good description..

I did a forum search already.

Crisis.....a potential buyer for my car is coming over tomorrow morning...I would like to sell this to "upgrade"

Issue......installed a new front wiper motor (PO screwed it up and gave up, I am cleaning up his mess)

Issue 2....I don't know the correct resting position for the wiper linkage

Issue 3 (related to issue 2).....when I intalled the new motor (cycled it) and then put the wiper arms on the damn things swept down into my engine bay first and then only went half way up my winshield

Anybody have a photo or can describe in detail where the linkage should be in the resting position?

I will head back into the garage and check back periodically...I think I have enough beer to make this an all-nighter
Old 04-03-2007, 11:25 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Here is just one that would help.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...+motor+install

I searched what you see at the end of the link.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Neinfofo
Advanced

t_td,

I saw that thread but it doesn't say what position everything should be in once re-assembled. I have everything apart and out. Unfortunately I am trying to confirm the po at least had the motor positioned correctly, but I cannot be sure why it cycles down toward the engine bay before going up....

But thanks!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Neinfofo
Advanced

Here is a question, for example. As I look into my engine bay, is the wiper motor supposed to be facing down (toward the engine), or to the left which is what the factory manual appears to show?
Old 04-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Neinfofo
Advanced

Here is what i am talking about. Is this on incorrectly and thus the cause for the downward sweep?
Attached Images   
Old 04-04-2007, 01:16 AM
Neinfofo
Advanced

Okay, I beat this little mf'er.

Here is how you set your wiper linkage - perfectly.

As you are looking at the linkage from the front of your engine bay, the arm that attaches to the spindle of the wiper motor must be pointing horizontally to the right. If you do this, the linkage naturally will set at the position you see (sorry for the blur..it's late) in the pictures.

And oh yea, your wiper motor points forward from your windshield. Not to the left or to the right like is in the jacked-up diagram I had.

Now when you attach your wiper arms your right wiper should be just about horizontal to the bottom of your windshield. The left may sit a little higher to get the right coverage.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Help!! Need a photo or good description..