Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse Stealth Maf Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:58 AM
msaturbo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vitesse Stealth Maf Opinions Please

I have a stock '86 944 turbo that I want to modifiy with a maf kit. Can I get some feedback on Vitesse stealth kit?

Mark
Old 04-02-2007, 12:52 PM
skene
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put one on a few months ago and liked it pretty well. I installed it over a weekend with few problem. I had to buy a couple nuts for it and fiddle around with fitting it to keep it from rubbing, but it went in quickly. The longest part was soldering up the leads for it, which you can get around by buying an adapter from vitesse for $100.
Performance wise, the boost came on quicker but other then that it was pretty much the same from the Vitesse chip I had in there. My main reason for getting it was so I could easily upgrade the turbo later without getting another chip. My mpg also dropped a bit but that's most likely due to upgrading to larger injectors.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:27 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by skene
I put one on a few months ago and liked it pretty well. I installed it over a weekend with few problem. I had to buy a couple nuts for it and fiddle around with fitting it to keep it from rubbing, but it went in quickly. The longest part was soldering up the leads for it, which you can get around by buying an adapter from vitesse for $100.
Performance wise, the boost came on quicker but other then that it was pretty much the same from the Vitesse chip I had in there. My main reason for getting it was so I could easily upgrade the turbo later without getting another chip. My mpg also dropped a bit but that's most likely due to upgrading to larger injectors.
I was under the impression that the Stealth MAF wouldn't support a larger turbo than a K26/8? All of the VR Stage 2-5 require the larger MAF if I recall.

Quick Reply: Vitesse Stealth Maf Opinions Please