Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

killing bugs in car

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 05:00 AM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default killing bugs in car

Today I had some free time so I continued to rip out my moldy interior. I started removing the passenger side rear quarter panel interior piece, carpet and the wet padding and soundproofing behind the carpet.

As I was doing this I saw a bunch of little mosquitos flying around, didn't really care about that and then sudden when I lifed the wet padding below the quarter window area this red cenitiped (milipede?), it was pretty long and skinny, jumped out and freaked me out.

I kind of ran out of the car like a little girls, I hate bugs. I came back and sprayed the wet padding with bug spray and just left, not sure where the centipede went. who knows if there are more gross things hidding in the wet moldy mess.

I'm basicly removing the entire interior and going to try and restore everything in a few weeks when I'm out of school and of course make sure it's not leaking anymore water.

anyone know of any product that I can use inside my car that will kill any bugs hidding in there? I've heard of bug bombs but I've never seen one.

Last edited by Yummybud924; 03-31-2007 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:23 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bug bombs are essentially an aerosol type can where you open the top so it starts spraying, then you evacuate the area and close it in. You could probably use it in the car, but they stink rather badly, so if the car is already all moldy I doubt you'd want to add one of these to your smells. I would think you can get them at any hardware store.

If you're essentially pulling out all the interior, I would think you would get any major spots for bugs in the car.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:29 AM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm basicly pulling out everything other than teh door panels and the dash, and I'm not removing the roof vinyl as it's really difficult to replace even though teh current one has one bad rip.

yeah I would think if everything comes out and the interior stays dry after the leaks are fixed then anything living in there should just die. I didn't expect a big centipede to jump out from behind the padding lol. moldy + bug infested interior isn't cool.

I think the centipede was living in the moist padding

well once I remove the entire interior and clean the carpet, use mold killer, I'll use some bathroom mold / mildew killer to clean the floorboards/ backseat east before replacing all the cleaned carpet / new padding etc.

and then maybe some febreeze if all that fails to make it smell good.

Quick Reply: killing bugs in car