Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big thumbs-up to Russel at Maxhpkit.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:40 AM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Russell, thanks Jesse...looks like after I roll out this spring I have a new project on the horizon...
Old 03-31-2007, 04:10 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chitown944
Hey Russel,

I just ordered the Lindsey Racing Instant HP kit which has your chips. Are you saying you can still tune the car after installing the chip.
Ah, Rennlist is back I see!

The instant HP kit is designed for a mostly stock car, there won't be any further tuning necessary until you get bitten by the boost bug and start down the evil modification path which will consume you until you die. Or until your car dies. When that time comes you can move up to a tuneable system, so you buy the system once, and then your upgrade path becomes easier and more efficient. There is nothing to tune with a chip only system, but on rare occasion a car behaves completely different than expected. We troubleshoot that first, and make sure there's not an issue with the car. If the car is simply different because of it's state of health and the tune needs adjustment, I do so. You're not just buying software for your car, you're buying satisfaction, and it's guaranteed.

Let me know how you like your kit!

Regards,
Russell
Old 04-02-2007, 07:48 PM
chitown928s4
Three Wheelin'

Holy Crap!

I just installed the 951maxHP chip, LBE and 3 bar FPR. My car is a beast. She pulls a lot harder and the turbo spools up even faster than it did upon my first install with the EuroProduct chips. If you have a stock turbo this system will wake it up. This is a major thumbs up. This thing is whicked now. Time to upgrade suspension and maybe brakes.

Dave from Lindsey was very helpful in answering my questions and making me feel good about his Instant HP kit sans the wastegate shims. I'll have to ask what will the wastegate shims do if added to the system. I'd rather keep as is since I'm not sure whats involved in installing the wastegate shims.

http://www.lindseyracing.com/Merchan...CKAGEDEALSIHPP

That is the system I picked up sans the wastegate shims. Another kickass feature from Lindsey is the $100 credit you get if you send back any aftermarket DME chip such as EuroProducts, APE etc...that in itself on its own should make your decision even faster. I'd double check which chip they take as a trade though.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:43 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Thank you for your kind words, and I'm happy you're happy!

Regards,
Russell

Quick Reply: Big thumbs-up to Russel at Maxhpkit.com