Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone going to Fontana this Friday??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007 | 01:45 PM
ejsaenz
Pro

Default Anyone going to Fontana this Friday??

This weekend it the PCA zone 8 Speed Festival. I went las year and it was fun. My Cab was on blocks due to bad brakes but I did get to drive my Magnum on the track. It was alot of fun! This year the Cab goes with me. I'm planning on doing a lunch drive again this year. Hopefully other Rennlisters will be there either racing or watching.

I'm not a PCA member but was considering it. Is it worthwhile??

Oh... Here's the link:

http://zone8.pca.org/speedfestival.htm

If this message is inappropriate please let me know and I'll edit it.

Ernie
Old 03-27-2007 | 02:22 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

First question. How fast is the lunch run?

I xposted a thread a couple of days ago and Lart thinks he may be able to do Friday, which will be the best day for me also. Saturday I'll be at an SCCA event here in SD.

Looks like I have to wrap up a couple of projects for Friday!
Old 03-27-2007 | 04:17 PM
ejsaenz
Pro

Default There's a pace car...

Last year we had a pace car. IIRC the rules were that a seat belt must be worn, no passing any car. They allowed us to let the car in front go a distance, then, we could accelerate but, we were not allowed to pass. I let the car in front of be go for about 100-200 yards thru the turns and we just floored it.
I made the asphalt scream! (well it was the tires... mostly 'cause I later found out that I was low on air on one of the rears.)

It'd be nice to meet fellow Rennlisters there. I might have to load up the family in the Cabrio. It would be a little crowded but, hopefully they'll let us all ride the track with the top down!

I think my daughters may enjoy it, if they don't...Too bad. It's MY day.

Ernie

Quick Reply: Anyone going to Fontana this Friday??