Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat - Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007 | 12:14 AM
CDT944
Intermediate

Default Seat - Electrical Problem

I have the sport seats with electrical height adjustment. On each seat there are two up/down adjustment switches. One of the switches on the driver is not working properly so I pulled the seat out tonight to remove the switch to see if there was any way to pull it apart and repair. The problem is I could not figure out how to remove the switch. The two switches are connected by a bracket on one end and the cables were connected on the under side by a common plug and there was a bar across the mounting hole that split the cables for the two switches. Because the the two switches were connected at both ends with I bar on the seat frame between them I could not get it off. What am I missing here? They have to be able to be removed without cutting one of the wires? I realize this is a bit unclear but I am hoping someone has come across this and can tell me what I am missing.

Chris
'87 944
Austin, TX
Old 03-16-2007 | 12:35 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

The plastic connector can be split into two halves and each set of wires will come out of it. This will allow you to pull the switch out of the seat. Pry the tabs open with a small flat tip screw driver.
Old 03-16-2007 | 01:16 AM
Nyx
Instructor

I just finished re-installing my seat right now. I have never had my drivers power seats working. I took the seat out, took the leads of each motor (MARKED THEM) then hooked up a 12V battery charger and made sure the servo motors worked, they did. I cleaned the old grease out, and buy synthetic white grease in the screw drives, and checked the wiring out. When i checked the wiring on the seat, it was all fine. I went and looked at the car wiring and found that the brown wire had broken at the joint to the connector. I took it all apart, unsoldered all the connections, re-stripped it, and re-soldered it all back up, and just intalled the seat 2min ago. Works great. Hope this helps... but its more of what i did for my problem. Check all the points of connection.
Old 03-16-2007 | 09:55 AM
CDT944
Intermediate

Thanks the info. I knew it had to come apart at one or the other. I felt like an idiot sitting there staring at that thing going...uh... it can't come out.

Chris
'87 944
Austin, TX

Quick Reply: Seat - Electrical Problem