Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roadtrip to New Orleans for 951 - Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Burma Shave
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithr726
When I was there I when on a swamp tour on a fan boat, it was a blast! Too bad the french quarter has hit hard in the flood but you might want to check it out anyway. Riverboat tour should be a must also.
The quarter is intact as it is a higher elevation. Pretty much the same as always. The damage to the east is disturbing though, pictures will never do it justice. I was there for a convention with my father a few months ago and locals were very grateful for the business. Riverwalk was a ghost town. He wanted to see storm damage so we took a slow trip along the coast back to Mobile where I live. If you like shopping(mom&pops), Magazine street is pretty cool. Spend some money down there, they can use it!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:58 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Burma Shave
Spend some money down there, they can use it!
AMEN! The Quarter is just fine just not as busy as it usually is. In fact this may be the perfect time to visit NOLA as you won't fight the crowds. Swamp Boat tours are okay but then again I see that stuff everyday. There's a Gator ranch in Covington and a Wildlife Center in Robert, LA that's really good.

BTW, any interest in selling the 10 speaker door setup while you're here?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Ellssuu,

I was thinking it might be a good time with Mardi Gra just over....

Albert and I are sitting on the 10 speaker panels and seats for right now - if we end up selling though I'll contact you first.

BTW - I'll PM you my cell number - sure would be great to have yours in case I need some emergency help in a far away town
Old 03-02-2007, 12:35 AM
fwb42
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Josh,By all means go to Oak Alley,You used to be able to book a slave cabin to stay in .B&B style.Also if you have time go to the grand daddy of them all,Nottaway Plantation,They also had a B&B in the main house.On the way back to NO,stop at Madewood Plantation also a B&B. The wife and I stayed at all 3 and had a wounderfull time.Google,Plantation homes in Louisiana and check out their web sites. Go to Burbon street with an open mind and have a ball. FRED
Old 03-02-2007, 07:38 AM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh B
Hey Ellssuu,

I was thinking it might be a good time with Mardi Gra just over....

Albert and I are sitting on the 10 speaker panels and seats for right now - if we end up selling though I'll contact you first.

BTW - I'll PM you my cell number - sure would be great to have yours in case I need some emergency help in a far away town

Great idea. PM'd you back. Don't hesitate if you have a problem.

Quick Reply: Roadtrip to New Orleans for 951 - Suggestions?