Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: ABS Pump

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The relay and connectors aren't the same on the 2 pumps I have.
I have an 89 Turbo S one and a 87 Turbo and they do not look the same. The schematics drawings on the relay are not the same either. So I would tend to believe that there is a difference.

Originally Posted by Oddjob
Dont get hung up on the stamped in number on the pump (851/200365) - thats going to be a date of manufacture and serial number sequence, so you will likely never match that.

The 951 355 113 01 is the Porsche production number (which may be for just a subcomponent, and does not necessarily correspond to the inventory part number for the assembly), the 0 265 200 038 is the Bosch part number.

Also, there is no difference in pumps between the n/a, Turbo, S2, 968, and Turbo S - they all used the same ABS system and components.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

!!! Glad I could help someone, I didn't know someone used that procedure

PM Sent

Originally Posted by Lanny Curlett
Hey,

I'm pretty sure the one off my 88 Turbo S will match. I will check in daylight tomorrow and let you know. I owe you for the high quality "How To" on diagnosing a bad ABS sensor so I'll make it easy on you should it be the right one. ;>)

Lanny
Old 02-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Sysgen
The relay and connectors aren't the same on the 2 pumps I have.
I have an 89 Turbo S one and a 87 Turbo and they do not look the same. The schematics drawings on the relay are not the same either. So I would tend to believe that there is a difference.

Yes, that may be the case: there are at least two part numbers for the pumps that were used on the production cars between 87-95. But the different part numbers were model year specific, not brake size or car type specific (n/a, S, S2, Turbo, Turbo S, 968). Porsche only stocks one pump as the current replacement part (the two part numbers used superceed to the earlier 951 355 913 00 part starting in '92) so they are are functionally interchangeable.

EDIT (add): And I just checked the two ABS pumps I have in the garage, one from an 88 Turbo S, the other from an 89 n/a, and both have the same Bosch and Porsche numbers on the data plate as your original pics (the stamped production numbers of course are different, because they were not manufactured on the same day) - it will not be an uncommon part to find on the used market (unless you are trying to match the mfg date stamp).

Last edited by Oddjob; 02-28-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

I took a picture of both pumps and they have many differences as you'll see. What impact those differences make, I have no idea. But I get your point, if Porsche only stocks one model now then those differences can't be major.

The picture does not show it but the schematics on the relays are different and notice the small peg between that and the black box.

Originally Posted by Oddjob
Yes, that may be the case: there are at least two part numbers for the pumps that were used on the production cars between 87-95. But the different part numbers were model year specific, not brake size or car type specific (n/a, S, S2, Turbo, Turbo S, 968). Porsche only stocks one pump as the current replacement part (the two part numbers used superceed to the earlier 951 355 913 00 part starting in '92) so they are are functionally interchangeable.

EDIT (add): And I just checked the two ABS pumps I have in the garage, one from an 88 Turbo S, the other from an 89 n/a, and both have the same Bosch and Porsche numbers on the data plate as your original pics (the stamped production numbers of course are different, because they were not manufactured on the same day) - it will not be an uncommon part to find on the used market (unless you are trying to match the mfg date stamp).

Quick Reply: WTB: ABS Pump