Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door lock agrivation... parts request!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007 | 11:02 AM
AznDrgn
Three Wheelin'

I know the exterior door handles are different from early to late but what about the guts inside? I have an early 85NA parts car here so if they are the same I'd have everything you need. I may even have most of it from an S2 but I'd have to dig around in the parts boxes.
Old 02-13-2007 | 12:12 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

I have to run soon, but I'll check, Azn. If they're the same, I'm definitely interested!

Thanks for the link, but the thread poster already PM'd me and can't seem to find the driver's side "number 29" either!
Old 03-04-2007 | 03:16 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Ok, this is beyond belief at this point. I have NEVER had such a problem with a doorlock assembly.

AznDrgn sent me a raplacement set that worked just fine. I installed them, checked their action from the outdoor handle as well as the indoor handle, and it worked fine. The only deviance I noticed was that it clicked open sooner than it probably should have, but I assumed that was the actuating rod being extended too far out on the outside door handle.

Anyways.. I closed the door and checked to make sure it worked multiple times. Not a problem. I didn't think it would effect it, so I didn't bother trying to test the door lock before closing the door. So I locked it, and the assembly has ceased to work since then. Neither the inside handle, nor the outside handle will pop the door open, even after manipulating the doorlock assembly with a screwdriver.

I never saw a problem of this sort back at the Porsche-based shop I previously worked at. I've now spent at least 3 hours on this problem, and I'm left baffled. I'm really not inclined to tear down this new assembly to try to locate the problem, so I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar situation occur? I'd rather ask here first, and possibly find a simple answer, than spend more hours chasing my tail on the matter.
Old 03-04-2007 | 03:50 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kevin

If you search my name you'll find two threads I started with the same situation on my S2 driver's door.

I got it opened and it turned out to be a small spring clip that had jammed the mechanism. I got all the replacement parts (except the outside handle) and will be installing in a week or two. hopefully that will fix the issue!

luck!

Joe

Quick Reply: Door lock agrivation... parts request!