Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excellence Market Values 84 944's

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 09:50 PM
mitsumark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you!!..Hopefully the car will meet the reserve next time its listed..Id like to step up to some 951 power

IXLOR--I would definetly want more than your asking price if it were mine..Although 944s are never hard to find,it is hard to find a decent one..Yours looks like a nice ride.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:58 PM
chriovorg
Intermediate

Where are you located?
Old 02-09-2007, 02:15 PM
IXLOR8
Advanced

It gets tough when cars are so far away. With the interior being so clean, running and driving well, you might be money ahead with a cleaner car.

I have learned with age. Purchase the best car you can afford. You will spend less in the long run.

Take the cost of the car and add all the things to the base price of the car. Total it up, and you will find that a $1500 car might not be your best deal.

Ask me how I know . . . I purchase a 66 Ford Mustang Convertible for $250. I was really excited 20 or so years ago. It needed quarters, doors, fenders, floors, trunk pan and frame rails. The interior was shot from all the leaks in the top. I was in the same boat that you are. My wife would not spend the money on a nice car, but she is OK with spending $250. Long story short, I purchased patch panels, welder , interior and etc. I spend many more dollars on this car, than I would of purchased a nicer car that was solid, and needed a lot less work.

I now purchase my cars by condition. I will pay more for a cleaner car.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Catfood
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would try to sell that car for at least 4K
Old 02-10-2007, 09:55 AM
IXLOR8
Advanced

Default Car values in the Midwest

Based on the sold 944's in Wisconsin. Nice examples are going for $4,000 to $4500. The Excellence Market Values seem to be a little high for what you can get for the car in the Midwest. Maybe on the coast, these values are obtainable.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:52 PM
BrianAg95
Racer

To anyone interested, the pics in the link provided for this car, do not show it's current condition. I emailed IXLOR8, and currently the front left quarter panel is red NOT platinum. It will require paint, on at least the quarter panel, and he mentioned hood/nose maybe as well.... So what we have here is a two tone car.... So there is a chunk of change for some body/paint work....

No date on last TB service, although it was "checked" and looked ok by said person's son who is "a mechanic".. so there is another chunk of change unless of course you do that yourself....

Don't take offense to this, but ...
It makes me extremely nervous that the pics on the gallery show a correct left quarter panel (though the door is mostly in the way) and then I am told "The previous owner had someone 'back into them' so I replaced the quarter panel with a red one. The old one also had some rust on it" Interesting since that's pretty hard to do on these galvenized cars....Possile of course if the coating has been damaged, but still....

However since the OP's question was on a repaint being worth it or not...

If the car was color matched, then you should be able to get around 4k for the car, so depending on how much you can get the paint/body work done, it might be worth it to you to do so....

It seriously hurts your credibility to post pics of the car, when those pics donot represent it's current condition.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:08 AM
944kid
Banned

Originally Posted by IXLOR8
I am considering selling my 84 944 N/A this spring. I have just received my copy of Excellence April 2007. I am looking to purchase a Boxster.

Values 84 Porsche 944
so-so $4911
good $5584
excellent $7445

My car has around 140,000. It will need some touchup on paint drivers fender and hood.

I was looking at selling this car for $2600 with Phone Dial wheels or $3300 with Chrome Cup wheels as seen in link below.

Is this car worth having the car totally resprayed? The car runs and drives like new. Interior is in great shape. No leaks. It is a really nice car.

I am willing to put the money in a paint job.

What would you guys do? Suggestions?

See link:

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k119/IXLOR8/

DEAR GOD...SAVE THAT CAR FOR ME! (Wanna trade? )

Seriously though, if you want to sell it in the spring, perhaps wait a little longer for the summer, and I'll definately take it off your hands.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:29 AM
IXLOR8
Advanced

Quote - First Thread

Excellence Market Values 84 944's
I am considering selling my 84 944 N/A this spring. I have just received my copy of Excellence April 2007. I am looking to purchase a Boxster.

Values 84 Porsche 944
so-so $4911
good $5584
excellent $7445

My car has around 140,000. It will need some touchup on paint drivers fender and hood.

I was looking at selling this car for $2600 with Phone Dial wheels or $3300 with Chrome Cup wheels as seen in link below.

Is this car worth having the car totally resprayed? The car runs and drives like new. Interior is in great shape. No leaks. It is a really nice car.

I am willing to put the money in a paint job.

What would you guys do? Suggestions? ---- End of Quote

The ad states that I am looking at selling the car in spring. I was looking for estimated values. I even discuss getting painted because the fender and hood needed to be painted.

Please .... I do not want offers from overseas buyers. People flying into the USA and purchasing cars. I wish to sell in the local paper, when I am ready to sell it. It is easier.

Thanks for all with suggestive pricing.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:46 AM
pjburges
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha! Hey my dads car has that scoop on it too, but on his car the scoop actually vents heat and cools the turbo!
Old 02-11-2007, 01:15 AM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by IXLOR8
Quote - First Thread

explanation:
The ad states that I am looking at selling the car in spring. I was looking for estimated values. I even discuss getting painted because the fender and hood needed to be painted.

If you took a poll on what comes to mind when someone says the car needs paint touchup on the hood and drivers fender, not many of us would interpret that as meaning that the fender is a totally different color than the rest of the car! We Rennlisters are willing to help anyone, but a little respect is in order. I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of the Rennlist fence these folks are invaluable.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:31 AM
BrianAg95
Racer

Look I am not trying to diss you on this, and if you took the time to answer my pm's instead of giving me a used car salesman sales pitch, then I probably wouldn't be feeling like I just got oil dumped on me... and wouldn't be informing everyone of your duplicity...

1 - I am born raised and will be returning to the US in March, as I told you in an email.. I am not flying in just to get a car. I am returning from the Middle East where I have been supporting our troops. I didn't even make you an offer yet, and I certainly wouldn't while you are misrepresting your car.

2 - If you post pictures of a car, and those pictures donot show it's current condition then you are misleading everyone. It took me 3 PM's from you till you finally cleared up that the front left quarter panel is RED not platinum, and the pictures in the linked gallery clearly show a platinum quarter panel. ** everyone in this thread has been giving you market values based on the pictures you linked, which is NOT the condition of the car currently..

3 - The sales pitch you gave me in your second email, would be a good ebay or local ad when talking to a non porsche person, but anyone on this forum who has owned or worked on 944's and has any knowledge at all, would find that pitch to tell them nothing of the condition of the car.... You told me nothing I didn't already know about Porsches in your little sales pitch...

4 - I specifically asked 6 technical questions about the car, you ignored them in your first response (giving the above mentioned slick willie sales pitch) and only when I asked further did you clarify any of it, and even then you hard selled.. Being a Porsche owner and knowing the trouble a TB can cause, I asked on two occasions about the TB and Water Pump, and the only thing mentioned in any of your responses was (which was only after i had asked a second time) "Waterpump and belts. The water pump has no leakage or cooling problems. The belts have been inspected, and my son saw no problems at the time he looked at them."

I could go on.. but it isn't worh the effort....

After my emails with this NON MEMBER I would sugest anyone interested be cautious......
Old 02-11-2007, 03:03 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

If you're going to sell the car, the only reason to paint it would be if nobody is buying it the way it is.

I speak from experience with my old 944.

Quick Reply: Excellence Market Values 84 944's