Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PS pump reseal, weekend projects

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:38 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default PS pump reseal, weekend projects

So my upcoming projects are:

PS pump reseal! I have the kit. Some of the parts look scary. Can I get a picture of one of these things cracked open? Am I going to wish I hadn't tried this? Clark's only has instructions on removal/replacement. I know all about that and bleeding it and all, but I haven't seen anything on actually resealing it. Pump works fine, just shoots out fluid at high velocity.

Rear koni sport install:
Already have a thread on this. Thanks for the tips, guys!

Front koni sport insert install:
Oh man. If someone in NC that has done this would like to help me out, I would really appreciate it. I've never done anything on struts. I'm going to have to borrow/rent a spring compressor. Cutting and measuring seems scary. There are threads on this I know, but I was really hoping someone in NC would volunteer to come help me out in person. I can really go anywhere in the State as long as it isn't slam past Charlotte or something.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:41 PM
hpservertech
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS pump is easy to do. Rennbay has a video of doing it. Works great if you have your laptop or computer near you and can pause it every few seconds. Rebuilt mine in about a half hour. Depeneding on where you got the kit from there may be extra parts.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

www.rennbay.com/kbase

Look under installation instructions/power steering pump for the video. Its an easy job that should take longer to remove from the car than to reseal.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:48 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Thanks guys. Good success rate for stopping leaks on these things?

edit: Wow, what a great video. Looks like fun. But what the heck is up with all those extra parts?! You only use about half of the kit! Anyone know what that other stuff is for?
Old 01-29-2007, 10:22 PM
rollis
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my kit from the Dealership and it only included what the video showed. (no left over seals)It was easy and yes it did fix my leaky pump. Just remember to scribe the orientation before you take apart. I used a paint marker and you what ATF does to paint right? Dealership cost was a whopping $10.00 BTW
Old 01-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Rollis got one hell of a deal. Last I checked the wholesale Porshe (from Porsche) kits were in the high $20 range.

The reason our kits have extra seals is that they also fit the 928 and 993 models. You never use all the seals for one pump.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:32 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

I'm sure I can make some sweet...industrial jewelry or something with them.

Quick Reply: PS pump reseal, weekend projects