Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

89 944 For Sale by Member!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007 | 10:30 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Smile 89 944 For Sale by Member!! Whadda ya think of this offer i got?

SOLD!
Asking $5,700 OBO. If you are thinking of a NA to drive this is it. Make an offer I want it out of here quick. My neighbors dont want to see my cars parked in front of their house.
Here is a link to a lot more pictures.
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...id=9DZNW7ZoyNY
My NA is an 89 with the much desired 2.7L motor and only 78K miles. It also has ABS, Linnen outside Blue leather/power inside. 10 speakers from factory. Split rear seat with cargo cover. Phone dials with tired pirellis.

It is an exceptionally clean car with the only defect a dash crack that is covered and some clear coat issues typical of all clear coated porsches of the late 80s. I have the window sticker, tool set, air pump, and almost all maintenance records from day one.

The car is "right" now.

The car was never hit, all paint appears to be original. I bought the car from my brother a few months ago to replace my leased GTO when he bought my S2, and I bought a 951.

Recent maintenance totals over $4,000!
Jan 07 Windshield replaced $500 & Coverlay set down correctly
Dec 06 Transmission oil changed $50. Battery replaced $80.
Nov 06 Alignment $100
Oct 06 Belts/Rollers/Motor Mounts, belts, rollers $270 in parts from paragon
Sep 06 Tune up $100 parts
May 06 69,500 miles Clutch/PP/TO etc. $2000 receipt
May -ish 06 Rennbay ball joints. $150 in parts
May 05 Brake pads & Front Rotors (thought it was this summer in other post) May be all 4 rotors and local wrench got the rears local. My brother believes rears were replaced with fronts.
Dec 04 45,700 miles Adjust Timing Belt
Sep 04 Belts/Tune up

March 90 2511 mles Oil & filter. Have most records from new, have window sticker. MSRP 36K.

Bad - clear coat has clear coat issues common to Porsche and Volkswagens of the late 1980s. Car looks great at night and from 5 feet away. Water leak from rear window diagnosed & properly cured!

Good - Brand new OEM windshield. Other than the presence of a dash cap the interior is in great shape. Non smoker car.

All body panels are original and have VIN stickers. This is a straight solid NA with the 2.7 motor. but for the recent water leak and multiple nodules on my lungs from 9/11 I would keep this car. I didn't want to spend an additional $5,000 on a different car to drive to the train station.

Asking $5,700 OBO. If you are thinking of a NA to drive this is it. Make an offer I want it out of here quick. My neighbors dont want to see my cars parked in front of their house.

I took this picture after a few days of rain. I just wiped the car down to take the picture. Not how nice the clear coat looks. It is when you get real close that you see the issue. Porsche had to repaint a lot of cars in the 90s under warranty. This car was garaged so the UV didnt get to the paint until recently.

Look closely and this is what you see

Note the floor under the rear carpet is virgin. The car was never hit!

Every body panel has one of these VIN stickers. They all have the same VIN too!

Yes, that is a 2.7 head attached to that 2.7 motor!

Ultra rare split rear seat in a ultra nice color!

Last edited by Tom R.; 02-04-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2007 | 09:19 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

self promoting bump.

I know the proir owner of this car. I was at his wedding so I know where it was before i bought it and i can put you in touch with him.

I can also tell you that i am the owner of a 944 turbo and own/have owned three 944 S2s (the four cylinder model, not the much desired phantom six cylinder model), a miata, a GTO and many other cars. While none of these cars ever got my teats hard I can affirmatively state that other than the miata all of the aforementioned cars will "spank" my measly NA from a start, a rolling start, etc. So if you want a car that spanks.... go to the next for sale thread.
Old 01-31-2007 | 11:00 PM
AR10
Racer

I would still like to have this car, but just to far away.
Old 02-01-2007 | 09:43 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

sooo,
two people from the CL ad say they want to see the car this weekend. Saturday is fine.

then while my daughter is yakking like linda blair someone sends me an email asking if i would take 4500 for the car pending an inspection and test drive. I sent him an email asking if the 4500 would go down if he sees a nick in the paint that he didnt see in the four pictures posted on CL, and if the 4500 would go up if it was in better shape than the description.

he wrote back that all he has to spend is 4500. i told him two people said they are coming on saturday, and if they dont he can come on sunday and take it if he wants it.

Sooooo, do ya think that was the right thing for me to do?
Old 02-01-2007 | 09:48 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you want it GONE, you have to be willing to lower your price I guess. See what happens on Saturday, and good luck.

Quick Reply: 89 944 For Sale by Member!!