Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch / Flywheel help I know how to search

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Supachink
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch / Flywheel help I know how to search

Hey guys,
I have the engine out of the car and on a stand, from what i understand, I have to take it off of hte stand and mount it on something, possibly an engine hoist and put the flywheel and clutch on before I swap it out with the motor in the car currently. Ive been searching for a writeup or a guide of how to attack this process with no avial... any pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated. Right now it has no flywheel on it so id be starting from scratch, this is my first time doing a job like this so please bear with me, i just want to be in the clutch club and get my car moving again

thanks
Greg
Old 12-28-2006, 11:21 PM
AznDrgn
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to get a chain on the motor so it can be suspended in the air and you can get to the rear of the motor. Install the rear main seal. If I recall correctly the flywheel is keyed by a roll pin in the crank so it'll only go on one way. Install the bolts and torque them to spec, wash the WD40 off the flywheel with brake cleaner, put the clutch disc on and put the alignment tool in the hole. Now put the pressure plate on loosely then straighten up the clutch disc. Tighten down the pressure plate by going 1/2 turn at a time all the way around the plate. Pull the alignment tool and install the throw out bearing and then the bell housing. There should be a spare bell housing out back in the pile, make sure you don't use the automatic one.

Quick Reply: Clutch / Flywheel help I know how to search