Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear turn signal lenses for 924, 944, and 944S

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Antonio951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking on klearz website it looks like the 928 sidemarkers are identical to the 944 turbo side markers, anyone know if they are?
Old 12-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 149 Likes on 80 Posts

I have tried Klearz as a vendor - and was extremely disappointend. Not only was it an ordeal to get the product - there were excuses after excuses - but the quality was poor as well. Out of 10 pairs of side markers I had to send 7 back because of cloudiness, unevennes, buckling, etc. The other three were still poor auqlity but barely usable. Yes, they are cheap, but I would not put those on my own car. Sorry to slam a competitor, but I've tried to work with them and decided not to.

My lenses are made from the highest grade materials you can buy in Germany. They are hand cast, shiny, and won't yellow. My friend - who has worked for Porsche and now works for another world class car company making prototype pieces - has some tricks to make his lenses even more clear than the originals (because you don't see the cloudiness on the amber lenses).

So, I'm absolutely convinced of the quality of the product - I just have to find out how it fits the US models. And if there is enough response, we might do the turbo and sidemarker lenses.

BTW: Are front side markers the same on turbo and N/A?

Dimitri: How can we get in touch? Are you in the East Bay any time? Otherwise I might be able to come to your place next week, after I have my car back together (it's in pieces, awaiting a new timing belt and wp).
Old 12-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

I might be interested in the turbo turn and side markers.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Erzengal
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the sidemarkers on the side are the same on the NA, S2, and Turbo.
The front turn signals are of course different from the NA to the Turbo/S2
The

The main thing I would love to see is a Red Rear Indicator Turn Signal Lense (to replace the yellow piece). I don't think I have seen a vendor offer this. (TurnClear has them in Clear).
Old 12-14-2006, 11:22 PM
aribop
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about some clear rear sidemarker lenses?
Old 12-16-2006, 08:27 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Nicole:
If you can get the turbo clears I'd be interested as well.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

My vendor indicated that he is going to make clear replacement segments for the 944 tail lights. They should become available some time in February of 2007. I'll post more details when I have them.

Regarding 944 front side markers, I've been getting requests about whether one could use the 928 side marker lenses. I took a look at a 944 marker, and it appears to me that the white inside piece is the same or similar on the 928 and 944. However, the 944 lens is a bit longer on one end. This means that if you would use a 928 side marker lens, you would have a small gap of about 1/8 of an inch on one end. I have no idea how visible that would be. Hopefully we can do these lenses in the future, as well as great quality turbo turn signal lenses. In the meantime, if someone wants to try installng a 928 marker light on his 944, I would love to see detailed pictures of it.

BTW: My supplier does not make colored lenses. The coloring agent makes the lenses stick to the cast - which destroys it quickly after a few lenses and makes the cost skyrocket.

If you want a different color, you can always paint our lenses with translucent paint (e.g. Testors Candy Apple Red, or a Window Tinting Spray I saw at the hobby store). This allows you to combine the quality and clarity of our lenses with any look you desire.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nothing like having a flagrant misspelling on your company home page - way to go Klearz! (under new products, it says "Silverado 3rd break [sic] light")

In all seriousness though, those look nice Nicole. I'm interested.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:34 PM
PixelGrinder
Racer

I think I might pick up a pair of the na turns and see if they fit. Anyone purchased a pair that doesn't have the euro front bumper?
Old 12-25-2006, 12:57 AM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Nicole
My vendor indicated that he is going to make clear replacement segments for the 944 tail lights. They should become available some time in February of 2007. I'll post more details when I have them.
Just for clarification: He is making clear replacement segments for the amber turn signal part of the tail lights. From what I understand, no other segments are planned at this time.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:52 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicole

Regarding 944 front side markers, I've been getting requests about whether one could use the 928 side marker lenses. I took a look at a 944 marker, and it appears to me that the white inside piece is the same or similar on the 928 and 944. However, the 944 lens is a bit longer on one end. This means that if you would use a 928 side marker lens, you would have a small gap of about 1/8 of an inch on one end. I have no idea how visible that would be. Hopefully we can do these lenses in the future, as well as great quality turbo turn signal lenses. In the meantime, if someone wants to try installng a 928 marker light on his 944, I would love to see detailed pictures of it.

BTW: My supplier does not make colored lenses. The coloring agent makes the lenses stick to the cast - which destroys it quickly after a few lenses and makes the cost skyrocket.

If you want a different color, you can always paint our lenses with translucent paint (e.g. Testors Candy Apple Red, or a Window Tinting Spray I saw at the hobby store). This allows you to combine the quality and clarity of our lenses with any look you desire.

I think my 951 had 928 side markers. They looked identical to the 951 side markers, except these kept falling inside the bumper for some reason! I couldnt figure out why the hell it was happening, but id just put them back in and then later they would have fallen back inside the bumper.

This might be why...
Old 03-04-2007, 05:49 AM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Just a quick upsdate: I expect us to have the following some time in April:
- clear turn signal lenses for the 944 turbo and S2
- clear replacement segment for the amber section of the rear tail light

I don't have final pricing, yet, but expect the front turn signals to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 for the pair. As all my lenses, they will be made with the highest quality materials.

Next will be clear front side marker lenses. Where can I buy a used pair in good condition for a reasonable price?

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:29 AM
apierce918
Addic
Rennlist Member

pm tod84944 im sure he has some
Old 03-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Pictures of prototype lenses

My vendor sent me first pictures of prototypes of our upcoming new lenses.

We'll first have a replacement for the amber segment of the tail lights, and the 951 turn signal lenses.

Please take a close look at the attached pictures and let me know, if these look right to you.

Thanks!
Attached Images   
Old 03-19-2007, 07:29 PM
PixelGrinder
Racer

Nicole did you ever figure out if the NA lenses fit the US bumper?

Quick Reply: Clear turn signal lenses for 924, 944, and 944S